Job opening: Multimedia Specialist (Khmer)
Salary: $99 200 - 128 956 per year
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
This position is located in the United States Agency for Global Media, Voice of America, East Asis and Pacific Division. The incumbent will serve as a Multimedia Specialist (Khmer) in the Khmer Service. The incumbent will be responsible for managing digital content, overseeing and analyzing statistical data, and producing graphics, audio, and video products.
As a Multimedia Specialist (Khmer), you will be responsible for duties to include, but are not limited to:
Produces graphics, audio and video products, namely infographics for social media to inform user of the latest news related to Cambodia and the world.
Researches and creates compelling, useful, and non-biased content for online users, such as writing several news headlines, creating design concepts, and producing daily infographics.
Initiates, writes and produces stories in text and audio for radio programs and web publications.
Translates, adapts and write international news content into Khmer language for radio, as well as video programs that are made available on website and social media.
- You must be a U.S Citizen or U.S. National.
- This is a national security position. If selected, this position requires the completion of the SF-86.
- Suitability Determination: If selected, you will be subject to a background investigation to establish your suitability for federal employment. The background investigation may include, among other aspects, a review of your credit and legal history.
- This position is covered by a Union Agreement IB1029 AFGE Local 1812, 330 Independence Avenue S.W. Room 1169, Washington, D.C. 20237, [email protected], (202)920-4884.
- The full performance grade level for this position is GS-12.
- This position may require working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- If you are a male applicant who is born after 12/31/59, you are required to be registered for the Selective Service.
Screen out factor: Applicant must have fluency in both English and Khmer languages that enables you to speak, read, write, report, and translate in both languages. This language screen out factor MUST be listed in your resume to receive consideration.
Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the GS-11 or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized Experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Experience in applying broadcasting and publishing principles to original news-reporting, tenets of journalism, and methods.
Skill in the use of media hardware, software, video, photography, front-end web, graphic design, and the digital media world.
Ability to conceptualize program content and make recommendations on appropriate formats and methods.
Knowledge of Cambodia, its history, economic culture, and socio-political development.
Education is not required for this grade level. It cannot be used for qualification purposes.