Job opening: SECURITY SPECIALIST (INFORMATION OPERATIONS/OPERATIONS SECURITY)
Salary: $86 151 - 111 996 per year
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a SECURITY SPECIALIST (INFORMATION OPERATIONS/OPERATIONS SECURITY) in the Information Environment Division of MARINE FORCES PACIFIC.
You will be responsible for operational impacts of threats against all activities.
You will provide support and advice to senior-level staff executives om all matters in support of training, exercises, combat, contingencies, and operations.
You will provide subject matter expert in OPSEC program management in a garrison, steady state, as well as operational support of the full range of military operations.
You will plan and support information environment capability areas (electromagnetic spectrum, cyberspace, space, influence, and deception operations) for joint military operational interagency planning.
You will plan, forecast, problem solve, and apply analytical skills related to operations security and/or operations information environment.
You will identify and analyze operational security information threats, in a variety of scenarios.
You will analyze own force signatures and vulnerabilities, conducting a risk assessment and conveying that to the commander.
You will identify and plan for the application of time-critical countermeasures to mitigate Information Operations/Operation Security vulnerabilities.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final TOP SECRET SCI security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission designated by a local or command decision.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position is subject to work an uncommon tour, including nights, weekends, and holidays to meet mission requirements. Overtime or night differential pay and/or unusual duty hours may be required.
- Successful completion for the OPSEC (OPSE-2500) and Joint MILDEC courses.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: Plan, develop, coordinate and implement information operation security by planning training, exercises, combat, and contingencies; investigate and analyze complex problems or conditions to develop solutions; provide to an integrated security environment by generating new or improved programs, polices, and procedures; apply oral and written communication brief, negotiate and/or strategize to a diverse audience.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This position requires a minimum of 5 years of experience as an operations planner with complete working knowledge of either Joint or Service specific operations planning, processes, formats, and guidance.
This position requires a minimum of 5 years experience in Information Operations, Information Related Capability (IRC) with significant planning background.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address MARINE FORCES PACIFIC
3253 N Nimitz Hwy
Honululu, HI 96819
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]