Job opening: Health Technician (Audiology)
Salary: $51 110 - 66 445 per year
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: Serves as a Health Technician (Audiology) at the Desmond T. Doss Health Clinic located on Schofield Barracks. Desmond T. Doss Health Clinic strives to deliver quality care to the supported population, to maintain readiness, and improve the health of the force. The clinic is located on the beautiful island of Oahu, Hawaii.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
Responsible for the centralized scheduling of annual hearing testing.
Uses audiology equipment to perform routine diagnostic hearing tests on patients.
Inputs test results into electronic medical record database.
Ensures coordination of hearing conservation activities within clinic.
Coordinates mandatory monitoring audiometry and health education classes.
Performs administrative functions in support of the Clinic and Army Hearing Program.
Maintains updated references and orientation materials regarding hearing conservation.
Develops master schedule incorporating monitoring audiometry, hearing protection fitting, and health education briefings.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to sign a statement consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Appointment to this position is subject to a one-year probationary period unless the appointee has previously met the requirements as described in 5 CFR Part 315.
- This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment screening, and random testing thereafter, to include testing based on reasonable suspicion and testing due to direct involvement with an on-duty accident.
- This position has a requirement to lift up to 44 lbs. in the regular performance of duties.
- This position requires Basic Life Support training certification from, or in accordance with, the American Heart Association and American Red Cross. Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- This position requires to obtain and maintain an Occupational Hearing Conservationist Certification from the Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation within six months of employment.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes 1) operating audiology equipment, 2) recording test results in automated systems and 3) performing adminstrative functions in support of a clinic or program. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
Education: One full year of graduate level education in a field directly related to the work of the position, such as chemistry, biology, pathology, or other education directly related to the position.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) by 18. Add the two percentages.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address JT-DHA-DD83DF DHA INDO PACIFIC MARKET
DO NOT MAIL
APO, AP 96224
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk