Job opening: Recreation Assistant (Rod and Gun Club)
Salary: $19 - 26 per hour
Published at: Jan 23 2024
Employment Type: Part-time
About the position: This position will be assigned to the Community Services Flight (Rod and Gun Club).
Must be able to work uncommon duty hours in an isolated area.
Sells various rod, gun, and archery sporting merchandise and processes patron specials orders, to include the resale of legal firearms in accordance with Federal and State laws. Performs and/or assists in the operational and maintenance of the customer service and resale shop of the Rod and Gun Club. Accepts and processes new membership applications. Ensures sales, fees, and charges are rung up on cash registers. Prepares daily cashier reports, ensuring proper accounting for charge cards and sales slips. Notifies supervisor of any suspected irregularities. Cashes checks and accepts payments for dues and records charges to member accounts. Assists in performing supply/inventory duties in stock level maintenance, inventory adjustment and receipt control. Assists in operating and performing user maintenance on forklift, pallet jack, handcart, vehicles, and various types of target throwing equipment used in the support of skeet, trap, sporting clay and archery events. Explains safety rules and regulations to patron on use, handling, and storage of weapons, ammunitions, explosives, and hazardous materials. Assists in preparations for tournaments and shoots, hunting safety courses, etc. Responsible for maintaining the resale shop in a safe and clean condition and assists in maintaining club facilities.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/12288309
- This position requires the incumbent to complete a background investigation with favorable results.
- The duties of this position require the incumbent to possess or obtain and maintain a valid state Driver's License in one of the 50 U.S. states or possessions to operate vehicles.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment drug screening, and random testing thereafter, to include testing based on reasonable suspicion and testing due to direct involvement with an on-duty accident.
- This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination and one every three years thereafter to ensure the continued, required level of physical health and ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position.
- This position requires shift work to provide coverage on evenings, weekends, holidays, or special situations.
- The duties of this position require the incumbent to possess or obtain and maintain a valid Federal Firearms License.
- This position requires to operate a forklift, pallet jack, handcart, vehicles, and various types of target throwing equipment.
Who May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date, 01/26/2024
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Must have basic knowledge supply and resale work.
Must have the ability to handle cash, operate a simple cash register, and follow established cash accountability procedures.
Must possess skill in dealing with the public with tact and diplomacy.
Must be able to obtain a Federal Firearms License
Position is a position of trust. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis: Must be able to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment physical.
Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Must be able to work uncommon duty hours in an isolated area
Must be able to operate a forklift, pallet jack, handcart, vehicles, and various types of target throwing equipment.
Must possess a valid Driver's License.
This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to random testing for drug use.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does not allow for education substitution.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Address Vandenberg Community Services Flight
747 Nebraska Ave, Bldg 10577, Suite B-109
Vandenberg SFB, CA 93437-6261
- Name: Vandenberg NAF HR Office
- Email: [email protected]