Job opening: INTELLIGENCE SPECIALIST
Salary: $117 962 - 153 354 per year
Published at: Jan 23 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a GG-0132-13 Intelligence Specialist for the Marine Corps Cyberspace Warfare Group (MCCYWG) at U S MARINE FORCES CYBERSPACE COMMAND in Fort Meade, MD. As a Cyber Intelligence Analyst, you will conduct analysis and provide technical advice on digital network intelligence and utilize signals intelligence (SIGINT), open-source research, and other data from digital networks to build target knowledge and produce technical reports in support of full-spectrum cyberspace operations.
You will conduct complex digital network intelligence analysis in support of U.S. Marine Corps, Joint, and National intelligence and cyberspace requirements.
You will utilize signals intelligence (SIGINT), open-source research, and other data from digital networks to build target knowledge and produce technical reports.
You will identify intelligence gaps, initiate requests to guide tasking, and conduct collection management activities.
You will develop and/or provide input to target and/or technical requirements and define target set based on the customer's requirements.
You will use a wide variety of collection methods/systems and available automated data processing capabilities to ensure a complete and thorough analysis of all pertinent data.
You will prepare and present briefings to senior leadership.
You will provide mentoring and guidance to junior analysts.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- You must obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance and access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). Failure to do so may result in the withdrawal of an offer or removal. Indicate the level and date of your clearance in your resume.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You must acknowledge in writing that you are accepting an appointment in the DCIPS (excepted service) which does not confer competitive status, prior to appointment.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- All Defense Intelligence positions under the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) are in the excepted service by specific statute, 10 U.S.C. 1601. This position is in the excepted service and does not confer competitive status.
- This position requires a periodic polygraph examination.
- This position may require a 2-year DCIPS trial period.
- This position is designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position. You must obtain and maintain the credentials as described in SECNAV M-5239.2 for specialty areas 112 and 111; see Additional Information section.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GG/GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector, such as:
1. Conduct and provide technical advice on complex digital network intelligence analysis in support of the organization's intelligence and cyberspace requirements.
2. Utilize signals intelligence (SIGINT), open-source research, and other data from digital networks to build target knowledge and produce technical reports.
3. Prepare and present products and information to support full-spectrum cyberspace operations.
4. Create and interpret computer network maps or mission-essential information to reconstruct and provide guidance on the development of computer networks.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
- Address U S MARINE FORCES CYBERSPACE COMMAND
9800 Savage Road
Fort Meade, MD 20755
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]