Job opening: IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC)
Salary: $98 106 - 134 073 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
You will be the IT Specialist (INFOSEC) in the Cyber Security Work Force (N00SM34), Information Assurance (N00SM3), Security Manager Department (N00SM) at Naval Computer and Telecommunications Area Master Station, Pacific (NCTAMS PAC).
You will serve as the Cyber Security Workforce (CSWF) Program Manager responsible for the identification of Cyber IT and Cybersecurity positions and associated qualification requirements, tracking education, training and qualifications.
You will execute CSWF compliance and effectively counsel subordinate CSWF managers and assistants in making decision relative to personnel and position management actions.
You will develop plans and policies to achieve the maximum efficiency level of processing CSWF personnel actions.
You will generate, review and ad hoc reports based on trend analysis and status reports.
You will oversee the processing and submission of the Cyber Security (CS) certification exam voucher requests to the Navy Credentialing Opportunities Online (COOL) Program Office for processing and approval.
You will coordinate with commanders, department heads, and supporting manpower offices to ensure all CSWF designated positions are properly identified.
You will be responsible for the creation, population, and maintenance of the CSWF site on the NCTAMS Collaboration Portal as the central repository for CSWF references, guidance, frequently asked questions, examples and training opportunities.
You will track each person with privileged access requiring a Privileged Access Agreement (PAA), review, update and have signed annually and uploaded into Total Workforce Management System (TWMS).
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver’s license.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position. You must obtain and maintain the credentials as described in SECNAV M-5239.2 for specialty area 751 and 801 within 12 months of appointment.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You must successfully complete a Counterintelligence (CI) polygraph with No Deception Indicated (NDI).
Applicants must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies or knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience is typically in or directly relates to the work of the position to be filled. You must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. Examples of experience demonstrating this competency include: Interpreting federal and local statues, regulations, manuals, staffing guides, policies and directives, and providing guidance and advice to management and personnel regarding Cyber Security Workforce (CSWF) requirements and strategies.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. Experience demonstrating this competency include: Attending and leading meetings with managers and supervisors to help formulate CSWF management plans and strategies.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. Examples of experience demonstrating this competency include: Providing CSWF briefs and compliance status reports to Security Management Department Head and other leadership.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. Examples of experience demonstrating this competency include: Researching trends and patterns, and taking the initiative to develop new methods, policies and criteria to resolve specific issues or problems.
In addition to my experience demonstrating the four competencies above, I have qualifying experience such as:
-Experience executing and managing the Cyber Security Workforce (CSWF) program.
-Experience ensuring adequate security measures and established cybersecurity policies and procedures are applied to information systems and networks.
-Experience documenting training, education, and certification status of CSWF personnel are maintained.
-Experience classifying billets (military and civilian) with significant IT security responsibilities, identifying personnel filling the positions, and ensuring they receive specialized training, possess the proper education or commercially certified to perform the assigned CSWF job functions.
This position is within the Work Category PROFESSIONAL at Work Level FULL PERFORMANCE, Series and Grade GG-2210-12.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address NCTAMS PACIFIC
Honolulu, HI 96786
- Name: Ursula Carvalho
- Email: [email protected]