Job opening: COMPUTER SCIENTIST
Salary: $43 642 - 104 005 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Bachelor's Degrees for Scientific and Engineering Positions (STRLs) to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
About the Position: Serves as a Computer Scientist responsible for carrying out advanced research and development activities involving complex equipment, emerging technologies or scientific phenomena.
Serves as a Computer Scientist in the Warfighter and Futures Integration Division in the DEVCOM Analysis Center.
Serves as a Computer Scientist responsible for carrying out work assignments that will provide continually progressive professional experience and/or mature equipment.
Works on modeling and/or simulation-based assignments that range from those involving standard practices and/or procedures to those that advance the state of the art and/or emerging technologies.
Develops interpretations and/or procedures to extend existing methodology.
Presents findings and/or results, in writing and/or orally, for higher level review and/or publication.
Provides technical advice to managers, supervisors, peers, and/or sponsors on various aspects of the work.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment.
- This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement up to 20% of the time.
- This position is subject to a 3 years initial trial period unless the appointee has previously met the requirements as described in 5 CFR Part 315.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet the position requirements for certification at Practitioner in Engineering and Technical Management within 60 months of entrance on duty.
- This is a Renewable Term position scheduled to last 6 years IAW Federal Register Vol. 82, No. 178.; may be extended up to six-year increments and may be made permanent without further competition dependent on the needs of the organization.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Computer Science Series (1550):
Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in computer science or bachelor's degree (or higher degree) with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
***Note: Please be advised that transcripts are required even if you are a current federal employee***
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: https://sites.ed.gov/international/recognition-of-foreign-qualifications/
- Address FN-W262AA US ARMY COMBAT CAPABILITIES DEV CMD
DO NOT MAIL
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk