Job opening: Social Worker (Clinical)
Salary: $86 962 - 113 047 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is located at Darnall Army Medical Center, Fort Cavazos, Texas.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
A recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized.
Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new to Federal service.
Student Loan repayment may be authorized.
Screens and interviews patients and perform bio-psychosocial evaluations using expert knowledge of general and specific concepts, principles, procedures, and practices relating to psychological counseling.
Makes behavioral health diagnoses as appropriate in accordance with DSM-IV-TR criteria or other more current accepted standards.
Provides individual and group therapy using various modalities as clinically indicated to include brief problem-focused psychotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and client-centered therapy.
Assesses and provides crisis intervention for service members.
Formulates behavioral health interventions and assists with implementing and monitoring treatment plans.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- This position has specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to pre-employment screening and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to consent to participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross or American Heart Association. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- Tuberculosis testing is required.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Social Worker (Clinical):
Degree: Master's degree (or higher degree) in social work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Specialized Experience:One year of specialized experience which includes conducting bio-psychosocial evaluations of behavioral health patients, providing individual or group clinical counseling, and developing behavioral health treatment plans or recommendations. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Licensure: This position requires a current, active, valid, and unrestricted clinical license to practice Social Work independently offered by a U.S. State, District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory, or jurisdiction.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address JT-DHA-DD83DC DHA CENTRAL TEXAS MKT-DARNALL AMC
DO NOT USE
Fort Cavazos, TX 76544
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk