Job opening: LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Salary: $120 479 - 156 620 per year
Published at: Jan 02 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the integration and automation of the command's logistics business processes in support of the command depot maintenance and supply management mission areas. The organization manages the modification, modernization, and sustainment of the command logistics business processes.
1. Provides functional direction and subject matter expertise in the development and implementation of AF-wide innovative logistics business processes consistent with the overall Logistics Enterprise Architecture (LogEA) and may serve as project team lead.
2. Performs Business Process Reengineering for Logistics Business Areas.
3. Represents AFSC/LZD with a variety of installation and functional area organizations.
4. On Complex topics, issues, projects, and programs, prepares and delivers written correspondence and oral presentations used to secure support for program
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- Selectee is expected to be granted with and/or maintain the appropriate security clearance required for the position.
- If authorized, PCS will be paid IAW JTR and AF Regulations. If receiving an authorized PCS, you may be subject to completing/signing a CONUS agreement. More information on PCS requirements, may be found at: https://afciviliancareers.com/regulatory/
- Relocation costs or other incentives may be available and considered by the organization.
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- This position may require drug testing and the candidate may be subject to passing a drug test upon selection.
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Work may require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- This position has been designated as an acquisition position and is covered by the Acquisition Professional Development Program.
- The employee must meet, or be capable of meeting, Defense Acquisition work Improvement Act requirements applicable to the duties of the position.
- Selectee may be required to serve a probationary or trial period.
Experience requirements are described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Group Coverage Qualifications Standard for Administrative and Management Position.. Due to the use of 120-day rosters, this period of experience may be completed within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-13, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes experience with modification, modernization, and sustainment of logistics business processes for automated information systems to support total cradle-to-grave lifecycle logistics operations. NOTE: Due to the use of 120-day rosters, this period of experience may be completed within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-13 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-14 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Due to the use of 120-day rosters, this period of experience may be completed within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of Federal, DoD, Joint and Air Force logistics and operational doctrine, policy statements, principles, and/or directives pertaining to logistics support functions.
2. Extensive knowledge of AF Business Process Reengineering implementation and the sequence and timing of key operations events and milestones, and methods of evaluating the effectiveness of planning actions as related to actual events. Skill in reviewing processes and conducting extensive analysis of processes to substantiate change to organizational dynamics.
3. Knowledge of effects-based, capabilities-focused planning, and Department of Air Force policy, procedures, and schedules for developing process improvement plans in support of SDDP, and methods of defining, developing, documenting, validating, gaining approval, and managing process improvement plans and strategies.
4. Knowledge of AF organizational structure and its supporting elements and programs, missions, policies, goals, and philosophies.
5. Knowledge of, and proven expertise in managing and operations of an office responsible for planning, managing, and coordinating logistics operations to include supply management, procurement, transportation, inventory, and property management, and life cycle management.
6. Skill in written and oral communication.
7. Skill in assessing impacts of new initiatives on current business practices, designing and conducting comprehensive studies, and preparing and executing program plans and solutions.
8. Ability to organize new ideas, projects, studies, and methodologies. Ability to negotiate effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations, where proposals involve substantial resources, and require extensive changes to establish concepts and procedures.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:
If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST
submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience, transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here
to check accreditation.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Address Wright Patterson AFB
2000 Allbrook Drive
Wright Patterson AFB, OH 45433
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]