Job opening: MAINTENANCE WORKER (MVO)
Salary: $27 - 31 per hour
Published at: Dec 07 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Please limit your resume to 5 pages. If more than 5 pages are submitted, only the first 5 pages will be reviewed to determine your eligibility/qualifications.
About the Position: This is a permanent position as a Maintenance Worker (MVO) located with the Directorate of Pubic Works, Operations & Maintenance Division Building & Ground Branch,Yakima Training Ctr WA 98901.
Plans and completes the work from initial layout to final assembly or installation.
Traces and locates defects to determine type and extent of repairs needed
Plans work, selects proper tools and testing devices and accomplishes repairs according to accepted trade practice
Makes electrical repairs
Drives service vehicles with a weight of 10,000 lbs.
Completes trip tickets and preventive maintenance service records.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination and an annual examination thereafter to ensure the continued, required level of physical health ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position.
- This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 5% of the time.
- This position has a requirement to lift up to 50 lbs. in the regular performance of duties.
- This position has been designated Mission Essential. In the event of severe weather conditions or other such emergency type situations the incumbent is required to report to work or remain at work as scheduled to support mission operations.
- The duties of this position require the incumbent to possess or obtain and maintain a valid state Driver's License in one of the 50 U.S. states or possessions to operate vehicles.
- This position is covered by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program.
- Incumbent required to sign a DA Form 5019-R (Condition of Employment for Certain Positions Identified as Critical Under the Drug Abuse Testing Program) and must pass urinalysis testing as required prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
- The duties of this position may require the incumbent to carry a cell phone and be on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week on a rotational basis, based on the needs of the organization.
- Due to the nature of this position, employees are required to work both planned and unscheduled overtime.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
30 Percent or More Disabled VeteransCurrent Department of Army Civilian EmployeesCurrent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel WorkforceInteragency Career Transition Assistance PlanLand Management Workforce Flexibility ActNon-Department of Defense (DoD) TransferPriority Placement Program, DoD Military Reserve (MR) and National Guard (NG) Technician EligiblePriority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) EligiblePriority Placement Program, DoD MR and NG Preference Eligible Tech Receiving Disability RetirementPriority Placement Program, DoD Retained Grade Preference EligibleReinstatementVeterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an MAINTENANCE WORKER (MVO) without more than normal supervision ability to perform common carpentry, plumbing and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) repairs. The ability to perform work constructing and repairing buildings; making uncomplicated repairs on heating, ventilation and air conditioning units; removing and replacing electrical wiring; and performing simple plumbing tasks including replacing broken pipes. The ability to work under close supervision of a work leader or journey-level employee who observes tasks in progress and upon completion to make sure they are properly performed - Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision (Screen-out Element)Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprint reading)Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and EquipmentKnowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.Knowledge of MaterialsTechnical Practices (Theoretical, precise, artistic)Use of Measuring Instruments
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Employees work from ladders, scaffolds, and in cramped and in hard to reach spaces. They stand, stoop, bend, kneel and climb. Moderate to heavy physical effort is required to lift equipment up to 40 lbs. Occasionally, they may lift or move with assistance moderately heavy objects weighing more than 40 lbs. This is equivalent to the WG-08 level.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is performed both indoors and outside. Work areas are noisy,dirty, dusty, and in confined areas. There is potential exposure to burns, cuts, bruises, and electrical shocks. This is equivalent to the WG-08.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address EU-APF-W12KAA JOINT BASE LEWIS-MCCHORD
DO NOT MAIL
Tacoma, WA 98433
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk