Job opening: IT CYBERSECURITY SPECIALIST (OS)
Salary: $107 373 - 139 583 per year
Published at: Dec 07 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.
The primary purpose of this position is: Conduct continuing analyses of the design and function of the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM), Cyber National Mission Force (CNMF) Hunt Forward Operations (HFO) program cyber systems to identify, integrate, and implement cyberspace capability developments and processes to improve and expand CNMF's abilities.
1. Serve as a member of a Cyber Incident Response Team, providing Capability and Infrastructure (C&I) planning, real-time operational support and technical advice and guidance, as well as project planning/management and expert facilitation/coordination with the USCYBERCOM and partner organizations within the CNMF HFO program.
2. Leverages IT expertise to assure that specialized and complex HFO architecture (servers, networks, and workstations) is organized into transportable kits for set-up at forward operating locations worldwide, maintained to the latest approved standard configuration for the CNMF enterprise, and tailored to address the operational requirements of highly classified missions of national security import.
3. Engage with colleagues and supervisor to conduct continuing assessment of enterprise IT assets supporting current and anticipated operational requirements and identify opportunities to integrate new and emerging hardware, software, and technical concepts.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- All new CES employees are required to complete a three-year CES trial period
- The employee must be able to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET SCI clearance as a condition of employment and must complete a counter intelligence scope polygraph exam.
- If authorized, PCS will be paid IAW JTR and AF Regulations. If receiving an authorized PCS, you may be subject to completing/signing a CONUS agreement. More information on PCS requirements, may be found at: https://afciviliancareers.com/regulatory/
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guide
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Advance in hire may be authorized if there is demonstrable proof provided on your resume
- Recruitment Incentive may be authorized for this position
- Relocation Incentive may be authorized for this position
- Leave accrual may be authorized upon request
- Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit
- The employee may be recalled to duty, may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays, and may be required to work overtime.
- Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military and/or commercial aircraft.
- The incumbent must meet NSA personnel security requirements outlined in NSA/CSS Policy 5-1.
- IAW DoD Manual 8140.03, the incumbent of this position must achieve the appropriate certification based upon DCWF work role and the technical requirements of this position.
This is a GG-13 position in the Cyber Excepted Service (CES). The GG-13 duties for the "Professional" work category are at the "Full Performance" work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-13 level. The selectee's salary will be set within the 13 grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee's qualifications in relation to the job.
*** Salary ranges includes local market supplements ***
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions for the GS-2210, Information Technology (IT) Management Series (Alternative A).
Experience: Experience must be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate.
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Your resume must reflect the quality level of experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Examples of creditable experience include: Knowledge of the very wide range of IT concepts, principles, and practices required to provide cyber incident response analysis, and assure that the specialized and complex IT architecture, composed of servers, networks, and workstations, is maintained to the latest approved configuration, and tailored to address the particular operational requirements of highly classified missions of national security import. Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency.
To view specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of cloud computing deployment models in private, public, and hybrid environment and the difference between on-premises and off-premises environments and knowledge of system administration, network, and operating system hardening techniques.
2. Knowledge of network security architecture concepts, including topology, protocols, components, and principles.
3. Knowledge of intrusion detection methodologies and techniques for detecting host and network-based intrusions via intrusion detection technologies.
4. Skill in applying cybersecurity strategy to cloud computing service and deployment models, identifying proper architecture for different operating environments.
5. Skill in troubleshooting and diagnosing cyber defense infrastructure anomalies and work through resolution and skill in securing network communications systems.
6. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS PERTAINING TO THIS POSITION:
This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Drug Testing Program. Illegal drug use by employees in sensitive positions presents a clear threat to the mission of the Air Force, national security, and public safety. Therefore, the incumbent is required to: (a) refrain from the use of illegal drugs, and (b) if requested, submit to urinalysis testing. The incumbent may be selected for random drug testing and may be subject to reasonable suspicion testing and safety mishap or accident testing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Address Cyber Excepted Service
550 C Street W
JBSA Randolph AFB, TX 78150
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]