Job opening: SOCIAL WORKER (SUBSTANCE ABUSE)
Salary: $82 830 - 107 680 per year
Published at: Dec 07 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
About the Position: This position is in the SUDCC program for the Behavioral Health Department at Fort Stewart, Georgia.
Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new to Federal service.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentive may be authorized.
Utilize complex rehabilitation principles to conduct comprehensive substance abuse evaluations of eligible patients referred for consultation.
Collect data to evaluate treatment outcomes.
Develop and implement comprehensive treatment plans.
Provide individual, group, and family counseling.
Document case findings, diagnoses, and recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to sign a statement consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to a pre-employment drug screening, and random testing thereafter, to include testing based on reasonable suspicion and testing due to direct involvement with an on-duty accident.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Social Worker (Substance Abuse):
Degree: Master's degree (or higher degree) in social work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcript.)In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes conducting clinical assessments of behavioral health or substance abuse patients; formulating behavioral health treatment plans; and providing professional counseling to substance abuse patients. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11). Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Licensure: This position has a licensure requirement. You must provide a copy of your current, active, valid, unrestricted clinical license to practice Social Work independently, offered by a U.S. State, District of Columbia, commonwealth, territory or jurisdiction. (Note: You must attach a copy of your license.)
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address M1-W2MSAA US ARMY MEDICAL DEPARTMENT ACTIVITY
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Stewart, GA 31314
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk