Job opening: AIRCRAFT PRODUCTION DATA TECHNICIAN
Salary: $46 969 - 60 703 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
You will perform routine and specialized tasks to aid planner and estimators and examiner and evaluators in workload induction and closeout duties.
You will coordinate with the reporting custodian to obtain missing and/ or incomplete data.
You will monitor the library of current technical directives and publications pertaining to aircraft, aircraft engines, aircraft components and equipment and reports outdated materials to update as necessary.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
Ability to screen and maintain aircraft, aircraft engines, components and equipment Logs and Records.
Ability to read and interpret technical directives and publications.
Comprehensive knowledge of repair processes on multiple aircraft, engines and components.
Knowledge optimized organizational maintenance activity (OOMA) and naval aviation logistics command operating maintenance information system (NALCOMIS) and the ability to use these tools to extract/input/modify electronic logbook data.
Ability to communicate effectively with both civilian and military personnel of all authority levels.
Ability to work as a team with various personnel to resolve complex issues.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: General Business and Industry Series 1101a (opm.gov)
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
- Address FLTREADCEN SOUTHEAST
Fleet Readiness Center Southeast
Jacksonville, FL 32212
- Name: Corey Soles
- Phone: 904-790-4567
- Email: [email protected]