Job opening: CAREER FIELD ADMINISTRATOR
Salary: $99 764 - 129 691 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide developmental experience designed to broaden the skills and/or enhance the leadership perspective of an identified high-potential, mid-level manager/executive; it is not a continuing position and assignment duration is limited to 36 months.
Analyzes and evaluates a wide range of complex AF wide functional requirements, objectives, operating methods,
and new and proposed regulatory guidelines.
Advises/counsels managers, supervisors, and employees on the continually changing needs of the functional career
Analyzes and evaluates the force structure to identify training and/or recruitment deficiencies and categories of
positions/employees to be included in the assigned Career Field Management Program.
Analyzes, develops, prepares and presents promotional material.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Employee must sign an Air Force-wide mobility agreement.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
- If authorized, PCS will be paid IAW JTR and AF Regulations. If receiving an authorized PCS, you may be subject to completing/signing a CONUS agreement. More information on PCS requirements, may be found at: https://afciviliancareers.com/regulatory/
- PCS cost will be paid IAW Career Broadening Policy under this agreement.
- Career Broadening positions are managed by AFPC/DPCZ and are centrally funded.
- Positions are established specifically to provide developmental experience designed to broaden the skills and/or enhance the leadership perspective of a high-potential, mid-level manager.
- Career Broadening also provides training and developmental opportunities at various organizational levels.
- These assignments offer the qualified candidate a unique assignment in that the candidates brings certain experience to the assignment while gaining new experiences in a different work environment.
- TEMPORARY PROMOTION: If the position is filled as a temporary promotion, upon completion of the career broadening assignment, the temporary promotion may lead to permanent promotion without further competition.
- Travel by regularly scheduled commercial or military conveyances IAW Joint Travel Regulations may be required in performance of TDY.
- Employee may be required to work extended or other than normal duty hours to include evenings and weekends and may be subject to recall.
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Administrative and Management Positions.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been at the GS-12 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the federal service.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-12 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the principles, theories, techniques, practices, mission and organizational structure of the specific career
program functional field to effectively carry out career management responsibilities.
2. Knowledge of the laws, regulations, principles, and practices of civilian career management.
3. Knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods to accurately assess information and make sound problem solving decisions.
4. Ability to provide guidance and counseling to career field employees and managers.
5. Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing, in working out solutions to problems or questions relating to work.
6. Ability to prepare special studies and staff reports, including the ability to meet emergency and/or changing program requirements within available resources and with minimum sacrifice of quality or quantity of work.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address AF Career Broadeners
550 C Street W
JBSA Randolph AFB, TX 78150
- Name: Career Broadening Office
- Phone: (210) 565-1914
- Email: [email protected]