Job opening: MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
Salary: $48 567 - 66 375 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
You will manage departmental training to include tracking training requirements and maintaining training certificates.
You will provide internal management and administrative support to the department such as tracking personnel requests, drafting requests, and managing forms and correspondence.
You will research, order, and manage supply requests using Purchase Request Forms and ensure submission for services and contracts.
You will serve as the Organizational Defense Travel Administrator (ODTA) to provide guidance to staff on regulations and procedures to support the Defense Travel System (DTS) program for entitlements, travel issues, and payment problems.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
Applicants must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies or knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience is typically in or directly relates to the work of the position to be filled. Qualifying experience would be demonstrated by:
*Preparing and composing various types of correspondence such letters, reports, and policies to ensure compliance with all regulations and policies.
*Interacting with various levels of leadership to assist with the management of personnel and administrative programs.
*Using various automated systems, software packages such as databases, spreadsheets, graphics, and telecommunications to produce a variety of ad hoc reports and files.
*Applying Defense Travel System (DTS) and Joint Travel Regulations to various travel issues such as policy, payments, and entitlements for military and civilian personnel.
This position is within the Work Category TECHNICIAN & ADMIN SUPPORT at Work Level FULL PERFORMANCE, Series and Grade GG-0344-07.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://dodcio.defense.gov/Cyber-Workforce/CES.aspx
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address NCTAMS PACIFIC
Honolulu, HI 96786
- Name: Sharleen Proctor
- Email: [email protected]