Job opening: Medical Records Technician
Salary: $37 696 - 49 009 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: Recruit processing clinic. Medical Records has it owns work space, desk and computer for each employee. Room is only accessible for entry by staff with a customer window to serve customers who need help. Hours are 40 hours a week with a option for a flex schedule. Candidate can expect to gain a detailed knowledge of all topics related to medical records, HIPPA, using electronic health care records, and registering new patients.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
Interviews and in-processes new patients, obtaining necessary identifying data for preparation of medical record and prepares required contents
Receives patients at an open counter.
Retrieves individual medical records from the terminal digit system for scheduled appointments.
Collects and organizes data for statistical reports, audits, and/or research projects.
Reviews records for correct format, serviceability, and completeness.
Performs annual records retirement separating, screening, selecting, assembling, packing, and preparing records for shipment.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation. This position requires a National Agency Check w/ Inquiries (NACI) background check.
- This position has a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirement and is subject to annual vaccination. A candidate selected to this position will be required to sign a statement consenting to annual seasonal influenza vaccination.
- Employees assigned to a medical treatment facility are required to be screened for applicable immunizations or pre-existing immunity based on occupational risk, regardless of job series.
- This position is subject to screening and update of required immunizations unless exempted for medical or administrative reasons in accordance with Army Regulation 40-562, Chapters 3 and 4.
- This position has been designated "Mission Essential". In the event of severe weather conditions or other such emergency type situations the incumbent is required to report to work or remain at work as scheduled to support mission operations.
- This position may be eligible for Situational/Ad-HOC Telework.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-04 grade level in the Federal service which includes knowledge of standardized medical records procedures, methods, and requirements; experience with administrative duties to include customer service, answering phone call, and emails; experience with data collection and review.
Education: Successful completion of four years of education above the high school level obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of by 60. Add the two percentages.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address JT-DHA-DD83DT DHA STAND-ALONE MKT-BEAUFORT
DO NOT MAIL
Beaufort, SC 29902
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk