Job opening: COMBINED TRADES LEADER
Salary: $29 - 34 per hour
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a COMBINED TRADES LEADER in the FRCS, MRO PRODUCTION DEPT of FLTREADCEN SOUTHEAST.
You will provide input to the supervisor on work performance, manpower requirements, and training needs.
You will ensure the observance of safety procedures, housekeeping rules, and security requirements and keeps the supervisor informed of work progress
You will interpret and comply with various technical publications (i.e., blueprints, change drawings and specifications,
engineering directives and microfilm data).
You will use hand and power machine tools to manufacture, repair, and replace aircraft parts and assemblies.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- This position requires rotating shift work.
Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the job elements and screen out listed below. This job has a screen-out element which will be used to determine minimum eligibility for this job. Applicants who do not receive a minimum of two points on the screen-out element(s) will be found ineligible. The Screen-out Element for this position is: 1) Ability to lead mechanics of multiple trades and have knowledge typical of Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics, Aircraft Mechanics, Electrical, Machinist, Avionics and Ordnance trades and how they relate to the aircraft maintenance process; 2) Ability to use hand and power machine tools to manufacture, repair, and replace aircraft parts and assemblies; 3) Ability to interpret documents and specifications of a technical nature and be familiar with all paperwork used to process; 4) Ability to use common tools, fixtures, templates, precision measuring tools, test equipment, support equipment, etc.; 5) Ability to carry out the work, guide others, resolve problems and always work safely following all safety rules and procedures, and comply with all applicable FRCSE instructions.
Applicants must meet the requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Job Qualification Handbook for Trades and Labor Occupations. Additional qualification information can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/federal-wage-system-qualifications/#url=List-of-Approved-Job-Elements
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address FLTREADCEN SOUTHEAST
Fleet Readiness Center Southeast
Jacksonville, FL 32212
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]