Job opening: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (INFOSEC)
Salary: $132 368 - 170 987 per year
Published at: Sep 21 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a LEAD INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (INFOSEC) in the Information Technology Department of MARCORSYSCOM.
Multiple positions may be filled by this announcement.
You will develop policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks and data.
You will conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks and protection needs.
You will conduct systems security evaluations, audits and reviews.
You will facilitate the gathering, analysis and preservation of evidence used in the prosecution of computer crimes.
You will promote awareness of security issues among management and ensuring sound security principles are reflected in organizations visions and goals.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or NH-03 pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: developing systems integration and implementation, conducting systems security evaluations, audits and reviews, providing comprehensive risk assessments and administering actions to mitigate vulnerabilities.
Your experience must reflect skill in the following areas:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: conducting audits and ensuring the rigorous application of Cybersecurity policies, principles and practices to the system analysis process.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: consulting with customers to identify and specify requirements.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Briefing senior leaders on critical information technology (IT) programs analysis and planning issues and coaching the team in the selection and application of appropriate problem solving methods and techniques.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Assessing and providing strategic direction for resolution of mission critical problems, policies and procedures.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/2200/information-technology-it-management-series-2210-alternative-a/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address MARCORSYSCOM
2200 Lester Street
Quantico, VA 22134
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]