Job opening: SURFACE MAINTENANCE MANAGER (TITLE 32)
Salary: $98 496 - 128 043 per year
Published at: Sep 21 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MANAGER (TITLE 32), Position Description Number NGD1249000 and is part of the TN ARMY, National Guard.
This vacancy is not eligible for membership to a labor organization.
As a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MANAGER, GS-1601-13, you will manage, direct, coordinate, and oversee the ARNG State Surface Maintenance program. Plan and schedule work and production to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjust short-term priorities. Manage all aspects of the maintenance program, to include long- and short-range planning, maintenance training and proficiency, human resources direction, budgeting, etc. Provide technical and administrative advice to the Director of Logistics (DOL), commanders, and various staff officers regarding the surface maintenance programs, fiscal matters, organizational planning, and staffing for all levels of maintenance. Plan and establish maintenance policies, programs, and procedures to assure effective support of DoD (Department of Defense) and training mission requirements. Evaluate accomplishment of the surface maintenance program to ensure systems and programs are functioning properly; effective utilization and maintenance of equipment; and that projects are accomplished within established deadlines. Direct inspections of operating activities to determine the condition of required facilities, the effectiveness of maintenance activities in support of programs, and to ensure coordination between such activities. Direct and coordinate the correction of maintenance deficiencies affecting unit readiness. Serve as program manager for surface maintenance funds. Conduct staff conferences to outline priorities and collaborate on budget impacts caused by increased costs, changes in programs and facilities, mission/weapons system changes, and requirements for new facilities or facility remodeling, etc. Exercise significant responsibilities in dealing with, or advising, higher ranked officials of other units or organizations. Perform other duties as assigned.
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver’s license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
- For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968.
- Irregular and/or overtime (compensatory) hours may be required to support operational requirements or contingencies or may be required to work hours outside of the normal duty day.
- Acceptance of a Federal position may terminate Tricare Reserve Select eligibility.
- Applicant must complete a Baseline Pre-Placement Screening for General Schedule positions within 30 days of appointment.
Military Grades: O-5
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education, or training which has provided the applicant with a knowledge of equipment maintenance work, or skill in reading engineering drawings and specifications, using test instruments, making computations, and keeping records. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: 36 months or 1-year specialized experience to at least the next lower grade that provided experience in applying principles, concepts, and methods of equipment, facility, or service operations sufficient in planning assignments. Experience using well-established occupational methods and techniques to determine facility, grounds, equipment overhaul, maintenance, restoration, repair needs, etc. Experience in determination of resource needs, allocation of resources, and budgeting/funding needs. Experience in human resources management policy matters affecting the entire organization, with personnel actions affecting key employees to include experience coordinating work forces and resources and negotiating with management or clients concerning problems. Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
Education Requirements: NONE
- Address TN ARMY
3041 Sidco Dr
Nashville, TN 37204
- Name: Melody Stephens
- Phone: 615-313-0654
- Email: [email protected]