Job opening: BUDGET ANALYST
Salary: $57 853 - 75 206 per year
Published at: Sep 19 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Budget Analyst performing day to day control and management involving the formulation, execution, and/or analysis of the organization's budget and funding requirements.
Serves as the functional point of contact for day-to-day budget/financial issues
Performs budget formulation work involving review and preparation of budget estimates and financial plans
Performs budget execution and administration work involving the monitoring of obligations incurred and the actual expenditures of funds
Provides advice, assistance, and guidance on budgeting and related information and conducts analyses, reviews and special studies of budget and/or related information
Uses budgetary and other automated system(s) and computer-generated products in accomplishing budgeting/funding assignments
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- This position is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Safeguards classified or sensitive budget-related information and/or files.
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- This is a Financial Management Level 1 Certified position IAW the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Public Law 112-81, Subtitle F-Financial Management, Section 1599d.
- Incumbent shall comply with the requirements of this certification program.
- Background investigation may be required
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialize experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-07, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of commonly used budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, precedents, policies, and installation guides which apply to assigned budget accounts (e.g., organizational components, programs, services, object classes, and/or line items), performing day-to-day control and management involving the formulation, execution, and/or analysis of the organizations budget and funding requirements. (examples: obtain, monitor and track organizations funds; review and analyze budget requests submitted to ensure consistency, accuracy, and adherence to instructions; monitors, tracks, and reviews obligations, expenditures, reimbursable orders, and request.), and budget formulation processes to forecast annual revenues and expenses of assigned funds and to enter/adjust information in forms and schedules in acceptable budget formats (e.g., showing fund assets and liabilities).
EDUCATION: Applicant musthave successfully completed a master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL. B or J.D. in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts.
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-07 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-09 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of commonly used budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes to formulate, justify, and execute assigned budget in support of the mission, structure, goals, work processes, and programs of assigned activities/organizations.
2. Knowledge of automated data processing software programs and capabilities used to accomplish budget/funding tasks.
3. Skill in gathering, assembling, and analyzing source of factual information, such as that found in accounting reports, payroll records, work reports, or inventory and supply data.
4. Skill in preparing written forms, schedules, and reports related to the obligation and expenditures of funds.
5. Ability to make oral presentations on the budget and conduct budget-related training to a variety of audiences.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:
If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST
submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience, transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here
to check accreditation.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Address JBSA Fort Sam Houston
2484 Stanley Rd, Bldg 2263, Ste 323
JBSA Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]