Job opening: Recreation Assistant (Lifeguard) NF-02
Salary: $17 - 18 per hour
Published at: Sep 18 2023
Employment Type: Intermittent
This position is for Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (FMWR) at Fort Drum, New York. FMWR includes Child and Youth Services, Business Recreation, and Support Services, which enable Soldier readiness, support the resiliency and well-being of Soldiers and Families.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for (2) professional and personal references on your resume.
Serves as lifeguard for indoor and outdoor pools and works under the direction of the Installation Aquatics Program Manager or pool supervisor.
Responsible for life guarding guests in attendance at the assigned aquatics facility.
Responsible for assisting in the conduct of aquatic swimming and water survival training according to TC 21-21.
Assists with scheduling of staff and programs, tracking inventory and ordering supplies.
Assists in coaching or preparing the competitive and non-competitive swimming programs as required.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- This position requires a favorably adjudicated T1/NACI background investigation
- Work schedule may be irregular. The incumbent may be required to work, nights, weekends, holidays and/or special events.
- Continuous exposure to sun and prolonged periods of high temperature and humidity.
- In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination series within a 24-hour period
- Incumbent is required to follow environmental safeguards and wear personal protective equipment
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3.
Qualified candidates will:
Possess (or be in the process of obtaining) and can maintain the following certifications:
Lifeguard (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis), AND
CPR for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent (i.e. Star Guard or Ellis), AND
First Aid, AND
Experience providing customer service to others.
PLEASE NOTE: Your resume & application package must reflect the qualifications stated in the announcement and questionnaire to be rated eligible.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address BN-NAF-W0XQAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT DRUM
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Drum, NY 13602
- Name: Fort Drum NAF CPAC
- Email: [email protected]