Job opening: GEOBASE PROGRAM MANAGER
Salary: $69 107 - 89 835 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is: Program responsibility for the installation's GeoBase Program, responsible for providing direction and coordination of long- and short-term program development, program overview of all resource program activities for consistency with policies and objectives and to manage the installation's GeoBase Program.
Program responsibility and management of the GeoBase Program. Develops, coordinates, obtains approval, and promulgates operational plans and procedures for implementation of installation policies and instructions relating to the GeoBase Program.
Provides briefings to installation commanders, updating the capabilities of the GeoBase Program concepts and procedures to offer assistance on any day-to-day or real-world situations that could involve natural disasters, accident response, or other emergencies/contingencies operations.
Serves as functionary GeoBase Program liaison to support installation emergency response force requests with GeoBase information and directs the Geo Base Program activities of the Geographic Information Control Center.
Manages and supervises the GeoBase team and oversees the GeoBase Program training. Develops and implements training required for GeoBase users.
Studies the structure and/or functions of installation organizations to determine the best course of action for inclusion into the GeoBase Program, providing sound guidance and assistance to installation users on "Best Practices" for input to GeoBase Program.
Participates in discussions, meetings or serves on panels or committees. Based upon the composition of the audience, the knowledge level and desired outcome composes briefing material that effectively provides information to committees that address the GeoBase issues.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- If authorized, PCS will be paid IAW JTR and AF Regulations. If receiving an authorized PCS, you may be subject to completing/signing a CONUS agreement. More information on PCS requirements, may be found at: https://afciviliancareers.com/regulatory/
- This position is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Leave accrual may be authorized upon request.
- Work may occasionally require travel away from normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
- Work requires significant knowledge of installation infrastructures in relation to GeoBase Operations.
- Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of Geo Base Concepts and Operations.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- This position may include information assurance (IA) work as an additional duty. Per DoD 8570.01-M, the recipient of this additional duty must achieve the appropriate IA certification within six months of assignment of these duties. (CON'T)
- A waiver of this six-month requirement may be granted per Do? 8570.01-M, C126.96.36.199 or C188.8.131.52. Failure to receive the proper IA certification may result in the reassignment of this additional duty to another employee within the organization.
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes program requires a knowledge of GeoBase to facilitate an efficient and effective geographic/geospatial database program which ensures an expedient emergency response for crisis situations. This position must have a thorough knowledge of the GeoBase Program elements, operations, infrastructures, and objectives to apply analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of the GeoBase Program operations. This knowledge is used to plan, schedule, and conduct projects and studies to evaluate and recommend ways to improve the GeoBase Program. Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of the GeoBase Program operations and to develop training plans to enable commanders and other users to effectively use the program. Knowledge of a wide range of COTS software capabilities (i.e., GeoBase Program, Data Base Management, AUTOCAD, Arc View ), emergency response principles, and rules applicable to the operation of GeoBase Program on a military installation and the relationship of these responsibilities to local civil agencies requiring military GeoBase assistance to manage emergency situations on the installation and assist the surrounding community with data which could enable those agencies to have expeditious information in a time of crisis. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-09 grade/level position or equivalent in the federal service. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
LL.M., if related. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of GeoBase Data Information Systems, AUTOCAD, Arc View is needed to develop the program responsibilities which will give direction to better manage the GeoBase Program and give direction to the installation's usage of these ' One Base - One Map" capabilities for emergency/contingency situations.
2. Knowledge of Emergency Response Plan for the installation, lines of authority, and installation response roles and responsibilities is needed to develop the program responsibilities which will give direction to better manage the GeoBase Program and give direction to the installation's usage of these "One Base - One Map" capabilities for emergency/contingency situations.
3. Knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods and procedures and skill in evaluating program operations to develop comprehensive plans and to analyze work processes and continually improve them to meet customer requirements in relation to the GeoBase operations.
4. Knowledge of the capabilities, limitations, and employment of COTS (commercial off the shelf software) used in the development of the GeoBase Program.
5. Ability to develop training plans and conduct training programs which will enable the commanders and other installation users to utilize with the vast capabilities of the GeoBase Program.
6. Skill in planning, organizing, executing, directing, and evaluating the GeoBase Program for the purpose of having a viable emergency/contingency system in place for users. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to prepare and present briefings, coordinate joint planning efforts to manage the execution of the GeoBase Program with clarity.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:
If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST
submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience, transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here
to check accreditation.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Address Grand Forks AFB
226 Steen Blvd
Grand Forks AFB, ND 58205
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]