Job opening: TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Salary: $59 407 - 77 226 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Traffic Management Specialist in the Surface Cargo, Deployment and Distribution Division, Logistics Readiness Department of NAVSUP FLT LOGISTICS CNTR PEARL HARBOR (647th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii).
You will plan and direct traffic management outbound shipments to meet Navy, Air Force, and PACOM requirements and compute and analyze command metrics.
You will ensure shipments meet established required delivery dates to the ultimate consignee by utilizing the Air Mobility Command's Channel Sequence listing and U.S. Transcom (USTC) commercial contract schedule of rates.
You will coordinate all customs operations affecting base activities with customs officials in accordance with PACAOM shipping instructions, DTR, US Customs Codes, and multifaceted foreign policies
You will ensure proper preparation, packaging and documentation is accomplished for the transportation of hazardous materials.
You will ensure the accuracy, proper funding, and completeness of documentation before release of freight for shipment.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver?s license.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission designated by a local or command decision.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector performing traffic management specialist work which requires a practical knowledge of industry practices and procedures for traffic and transportation policies, principles, and methodologies related to the development, coordination, and implementation of peacetime and contingency traffic management plans, programs, and policies for outbound air and water shipments. Examples of specialized experience include the following: 1) Determine the standard items and best mode of travel based on cost analysis for routing shipment; 2) Conduct studies of monthly/yearly shipping methods to ensure Traffic Management policies and programs are within regulatory guidelines and within Traffic Management Command metrics; 3) Ensure proper preparation, packaging, and documentation is accomplished for the transportation of hazardous materials and /or commodities including items of high value; 4) Provide technical support on problem shipments, answer questions from organizations and contracts, and provide information on changes in routing criteria.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
master's or equivalent graduate degree, if related
2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, if related
LL.B. or J.D., if related
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
- Address NAVSUP FLT LOGISTICS CNTR PEARL HARBOR
1942 Gaffney Street
Pearl Harbor, HI 96797-2238
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]