Job opening: IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC/DATAMGT)
Salary: $93 261 - 127 457 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as an IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC/DATAMGT) in the INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICE MANAGEMENT (N32ITSM), PACIFIC REGION NETWORK OPERATIONS CENTER (N32), OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT (N3) of NCTAMS PACIFIC.
This position is a DoD Cyber Excepted Service (CES) personnel system position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1599f.
You will manage the assigned IT/communications environment with privileged access at the network level.
You will install, configure and maintain database management systems.
You will implement the physical database design by creating database objects and database user with appropriate levels of security.
You will plan and install database patches/upgrades of Database Management System (DBMS) software as necessary.
You will develop and implement data mining and data warehousing problems.
You will plan, coordinate, install and continuously analyze system design, hardware and software.
You will perform system audits to assess security parameters of Information Assurance (IA) controls within the network environment.
You will serve as a focal point for ensuring functionality and operability of the assigned IT communications systems environment.
You will provide on-going optimization and problem support by surveying system operations to identify potential problems.
You will provide customer technical assistance and support for all users.
You will provide ongoing technical support to customers and/or operators to ensure proper functional use of equipment and programs to preclude undue interruptions to IT and communication services.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position. You must obtain and maintain the credentials as described in SECNAV M-5239.2 for specialty area 421 and 451 within 12 months of appointment.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You must successfully complete a Counterintelligence (CI) polygraph with No Deception Indicated (NDI).
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Passport.
Applicants must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies or knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience is typically in or directly relates to the work of the position to be filled. You must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. Examples of experience demonstrating this competency include: Analyzing hardware and software malfunctions to resolve physical and logical processing problems.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. Experience demonstrating this competency include: Coordinating efforts between system customers, support personnel, and commercial vendors to identify and resolve hardware, software, and other system anomalies.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. Examples of experience demonstrating this competency include: Communicating effectively both orally and in writing to maintain effective relationships.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. Examples of experience demonstrating this competency include: Troubleshooting and diagnosing system failures to isolate source of problems.
In addition to my experience demonstrating the four competencies above, I have qualifying experience such as:
-Experience using Linux and/or RedHat Linux.
-Experience providing proactive Structured Query Language (SQL) query and server performance and tuning support.
-Experience designing and implementing database backup and recovery processes and participating in disaster recovery planning and testing.
-Experience planning, developing, implementing, and administering systems for the acquisition, storage, and retrieval of data.
This position is within the Work Category PROFESSIONAL at Work Level FULL PERFORMANCE, Series and Grade GG-2210-12.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Additional qualifications information can be found from the following Department of Defense website: https://dodcio.defense.gov/Cyber-Workforce/CES.aspx
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address NCTAMS PACIFIC
Honolulu, HI 96786
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]