Job opening: FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ANALYST
Salary: $78 307 - 101 796 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Financial Management Analyst in the Resource Management Office of COMNAVREGSW SDIEGO.
Create financial reports by compiling and generating data from Access databases.
Conduct financial planning and budgeting analysis for organizational programs.
Develop reports to identify financial performance issues.
Assess the accuracy of financial data.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This is a Financial Management Level II certified position per the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Section 1599d. You must achieve this level within prescribed timelines. Certification requirements are in DoD Instruction 1300.26.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States drivers license.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Evaluating budget requests against controls to ensure funding is available for use; 2) Monitoring budget execution to determine compliance with plans and procedures; 3) Preparing budget summaries for managers to use in decision making; and 4) Reviewing obligations and expenditures to ensure compliance with financial plans, policies and procedures. NOTE: Experience must be demonstrated in your resume.
This is a Financial Management Level II certified position per the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Section 1599d. You must achieve this level within prescribed timelines. Certification requirements are in DoD Instruction 1300.26.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
Have successfully completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
Have successfully completed three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent degree.
Have successfully completed an LL.M. degree that is related to the position being filled.
Have a combination of experience and education that equates to one year of experience. Percentage of education plus percentage of experience must equal 100%.
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
- Address COMNAVREGSW SDIEGO
750 Pacific Hwy
San Diego, CA 92132-0058
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]