Job opening: Recreation Assistant (Water Safety Instructor) NF-02
Salary: $20 - 21 per hour
Published at: Aug 31 2023
Employment Type: Multiple Schedules
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
This position is located with the JBLM Aquatics Program.
Intermittent, or 'Flexible', Appointments can work between 0 to 40 hours per week.
Regular Full-Time appointments are guaranteed 40 hours per work week and are eligible for all Army NAF benefits.
Manages all swimming lessons and instructs when scheduled at the assigned aquatics facility. Develops swim program according to students' ability and promotes students to higher level of swimming according to their skills.
Instructs all levels of swimming and appropriate strokes, to include; front crawl, back crawl, elementary backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke and butterfly.
Teach students from age groups of infant through adults.
Introduces and instructs safety and survival skills to students, when appropriate to level of instruction.
Instructors work with lifeguards to ensure that swim lessons are safe at all times.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2.
- May be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
- May be subject to additional background checks if required to have regular and recurring contact with children.
- Must be willing and able to work a schedule that may include working some nights, weekends, and possible holidays.
1. Work experience related to the duties described above.
2. Possession of the following certificates:
- Water Safety Instructor Certification
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- First Aid Certification
(Certificates issue by American Red Cross, Ellis @ Associates, Star Guard or other nationally recognized agencies are acceptable)
Highly desirable: Possession of a Lifeguard Certification
NOTE: The above minimum qualifications must be described within the duties of previous work experience listed on the applicant's resume and assessment/questionnaire. A copy of all supporting documents must be submitted at the time of application.
This position does not have an education requirement.
- Address EU-NAF-W12KAA JOINT BASE LEWIS-MCCHORD
DO NOT MAIL
Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA 98433
- Name: JBLM NAF Human Resources Office
- Phone: (253) 967-5493
- Email: [email protected]