Job opening: Maintenance Worker (MVO) NA-07
Salary: $20 - 24 per hour
Published at: Aug 31 2023
Employment Type: Part-time
This position is located at Seifert School Age Center on Fort Huachuca, AZ.
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies throughout the program. Management has the right to assign staff to locations as mission requires.
This position is eligible for the NAF benefits package and leave accrual.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Performs minor grounds maintenance to include ensuring entrances and exits are free from debris, sidewalks are clear of ice/snow, and surfaces under playground structures are maintained according to safety requirements.
Position requires the skills and knowledge to perform a variety of tasks involved in the upkeep of buildings, grounds, and related structures, fixtures, and utilities.
Ensures children and youth know how to safely evacuate the bus. Practices bus evacuation following prescribed procedures with children and youth on a monthly basis. Documents all drills in writing.
Employee is responsible to notify the supervisor of obvious hazards, malfunctioning equipment, damaged materials, and other situations that may impact work operations.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors.Drives outside in all kinds of weather in a controlled traffic environment throughout a military installation.Exposed to dirt and fumes.Also works in a kitchen setting and exposed to the possibility of cuts
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/physical/background requirements for this position.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations in accordance with current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations.
- A one year probationary period may be required (either initially or upon conversion, if applicable).
- Successful completion of annual training requirements within the prescribed time frame and demonstrated on the job competence is required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) Check.
- Schedule includes irregular hours, evenings, and/or weekends. Duties involve working both indoors and outdoors under different types of weather conditions.
- Physical effort in reaching, bending, turning, or moving hands, arms, feet, and legs. There is a requirement to lift and carry items up to 40 pounds frequently and items that are heavier with the assistance of other employees or lift equipment.
- This position requires mandatory drug testing.
- Must be willing and able to travel occasionally between varying facilities on the installation and within the local commuting area as needed.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment of background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2, and a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation is required.
High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma.
Ability to communicate in English at a level to assure the duties described can be accomplished in a safe and satisfactory manner.
Experience in accomplishing the types of duties described in this job.
Requires a valid state driver's license (Requires a valid state driver's license to operate a 15-passenger vehicle OR requires a commercial driver's license (CDL) with no restrictions to operate a 24-passenger vehicle).
This position does not have an education substitution. A high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required at time of application.
- Address EJ-NAF-W6CFAA US ARMY GARRISON FT HUACHUCA
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Huachuca, AZ 85613
- Name: CHRA NAF C2SC - Recruitment Branch
- Phone: 0000000000
- Email: [email protected]