Job opening: MWR Custodial Worker (ADM Baker Clubhouse)
Salary: $17 per hour
Published at: Aug 31 2023
Employment Type: Intermittent
This position is located in the Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Department in the Navy Region Southwest. The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of semiskilled labor and cleaning tasks.
1. Sweeps, mops, strips, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using industrial type power equipment. Adjusts and changes buffers, brushes and other attachments on power equipment. Dusts, waxes and polishes furniture. Empties and washes trash cans. Dusts ledges and woodwork. Polishes doorknobs and other metal fixtures.
2. Cleans glass partitions, inside and outside windows, using stepladders and extension ladders. Cleans mirrors and water fountains. Removes stains from a variety of surfaces by using appropriate chemicals and cleaning agents. Maintains rest rooms in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition. Cleans, disinfects and deodorized laboratories, sinks and toilet bowls. Replaces deodorizers, toilet tissues, hand towels and soap. Reports water leaks, clogged drains and other conditions requiring repair to supervisor.
3. Maintains cleaning supplies and advises supervisor when supplies are needed or when equipment and or facility needs replacement or repair. Removes debris from inside and outside of facility assigned. Sweeps sidewalks and parking area.
4. May be required to move, set up and/or rearrange furniture and equipment, as well as, set up and break down for special events. Loads and unloads merchandise, equipment and supplies. May be required to deliver merchandise, equipment and supplies to other locations.
5. May be required to perform minor maintenance and/or make repairs to building and/or equipment of facility. Assembles equipment. Responsible for complying with security, fire and sanitation rules and regulations. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must pass all applicable records and background check.
- Must successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of employment.
Knowledge of a variety of chemical and cleaning agents.
Skill and ability to use a variety of industrial equipment and attachments.
Ability to perform minor repairs to equipment and buildings.
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
Ability to communicate effectively with others.
Ability to move and lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
This position does not have a positive education requirement.
- Address NAVBASE San Diego
750 Pacific Coast Highway
San Diego, CA 92132-0058
- Name: Nadine Taisacan
- Email: [email protected]