Job opening: Supervisory Store Associate
Salary: $59 876 - 77 844 per year
Published at: Aug 31 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You are responsible for the completeness and accuracy of your application package. We encourage you to read the entire announcement before starting the application process. Qualifications and requirements must be met by the announcement closing date.
This recruitment is subject to restrictions of the DoD referral system for displaced employees.
Additional positions may be filled from this announcement up to 90 days after it closes.
Serves as the Supervisory Store Associate in a Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) location. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the second line supervisor and manager of the Front-End Department of a Commissary store..
Position responsibilities include:
Directs front end operations including patron identification, customer inquiries, check out, and cash control.
Directs non-perishable stock control including transporting items and stocking shelves.
Directs meat display and case stocking.
Directs produce inspection display and rotation.
Directs accounts maintenance, supply, and computer operations
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. National.
- Must meet minimum age requirement. See the Additional Information section for more information.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the Selective Service System by the announcement closing date or exempt from registration.
- May be subject to successful E-Verify check. See more information at https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- May be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, based on a completed background investigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance eligibility based on an appropriate background investigation.
- May be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- May be subject to one year supervisory probationary period.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Physical Requirements: (1) Frequently lift, push, pull, carry and handles commissary products weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
(2) Long periods of standing, walking, bending, reaching, and similar activities when taking inventory
- Subject to one year supervisor probationary period.
- If you are selected for this position you may be asked to submit the OF-306 declaration for Federal Employment.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify for this position your resume and supporting documents must show that you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-06 grade level or equivalent to at least GS-06 under other Federal service pay systems, private sector, or military.
Examples of qualifying specialized experience:
Plans, directs or assigns work for employees.
Knowledgeable of multiple departments within a grocery store in order to evaluate work, provide instruction and conduct on the job training for workers.
Carry out daily retail grocery store functions necessary to successfully execute store operations.
See the OPM Qualification Standards for more information. This position is covered under Clerical and Administrative Positions.
You must also meet the following requirements by the announcement closing date:
Current and former federal employees in either the competitive or excepted service and current federal employees applying under VEOA eligibility are subject to time-in-grade. You must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade level to be eligible for promotion. See the Required Documents section to learn what documents are necessary to show you meet this requirement. The next lower grade level for this position is GS-06.
Current civilian employees must have completed at least 90 days of federal civilian service since their latest non-temporary appointment from a competitive referral certificate, known as time after competitive appointment. For this requirement, a competitive appointment is one where you applied to and were appointed from an announcement open to "All US Citizens."
For qualifications determinations your resume must contain your name, a description of your duties, the number of hours worked per week and the beginning and ending dates (month/year) for each position. Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
You may not use education to qualify.
- Address Defense Commissary Agency West
1300 E Avenue
Fort Gregg-Adams, VA 23801-1800
- Name: DECA WEST Servicing Team
- Phone: 614-692-7831
- Email: [email protected]