Job opening: UNIT DEPLOYMENT MANAGER
Salary: $64 384 - 83 695 per year
Published at: Aug 14 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to function as the Unit Deployment Manager ensuring assigned personnel are qualified and ready to meet Air Expeditionary Force requirements.
Plan, organize, and oversee all unit level deployment activities.
Perform analysis activities.
Provide technical guidance and recommendations to senior leadership regarding unit deployment program.
Ensure personnel readiness.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- This position is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
- The incumbent will be required to complete mandatory UDM training to include IDS/LOGMOD training, AEF Reporting Tool (ART) training, and Pallet Build-Up/Hazardous Cargo Preparation training.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
- Incumbent may be required to work other than normal duty hours to include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- This is a key position. Incumbents must be removed from their military recall status if alternatives for filling the position during an emergency are not available.
- This position is designated as a key position IA W AFI 36-507. Duties of this position are essential to the accomplishment of wartime contingency operations. (Cont.)
- Incumbents to key position must be removed from their military recall status if alternatives for filling this position are not available during an emergency.
- This position is designated as a key position IA W AFR 40-910. Duties of this position are essential to the accomplishment of wartime/contingency operations. (Cont.)
- Incumbents of key positions must be removed from their military recall status if alternatives for filling of the position during an emergency are not available.
- Eligible for a Cost-of-Living-Allowance (COLA) which is subject to change without notice
- This is a CENTRALLY MANGAGED position
- TRAVEL AND RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL BE PAID in accordance with the JTR AND AFMAN 36-606
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-07, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes (1) knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and precedents affecting deployment operations; (2) knowledge of the theory and principles of management and organization, including administrative practices and procedures pertaining to areas of responsibility, channels of communication, delegation of authority, and routing of correspondence; (3) skill to apply analytical and evaluative techniques in the identification, consideration, and resolution of deployment issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature; (4) skill to prepare reports, and organize and give briefings to managers regarding deployment operations.
EDUCATION: Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position or LL.B. or J.D., if related. NOTE: You must submit copies of your transcripts.
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time--in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-07 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-09 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of methods, procedures, and skills in evaluating and performing deployment operations to identify and meet deployment requirements.
2. Knowledge of a wide range of federal and agency deployment/mobilization concepts, principles, practices, procedures, regulations, and laws applicable to the full range of UDM management responsibilities.
3. Knowledge of established safety and occupational health principles, practices, procedures, laws, and regulations related to the safety program, risk assessment methods, and techniques for evaluating occupational safety and health risks.
4. Knowledge of federal planning policy and guidance to include publications applicable to the functional area.
5. Ability to identify, analyze, and translate complex information, make appropriate judgments, and evaluate options concerning unit readiness.
6. Ability to recognize the inter-relationships of various aspects of operating programs to integrate and analyze
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:
If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST
submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience, transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here
to check accreditation.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Address JB Elmendorf-Richardson
8517 20th Street
JB Elmendorf-Richardson, AK 99506
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]