Job opening: Director (Cyber Policy & Programs)
Salary: $132 368 - 183 500 per year
Published at: Aug 14 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This position is located in the Executive Office of the President (EOP), Office of the National Cyber Director (ONCD). The incumbent serves as a Director for Cyber Policy and Programs within the ONCD and serves as one of the principal staff members responsible for the formulation, coordination, and implementation of public policy related to national cybersecurity, including critical infrastructure cybersecurity, cybersecurity regulation, governmental roles and responsibilities, etc.
As a Director (Cyber Policy & Programs), AD-0301-00, your typical work assignments may include the following:
Plans and coordinates the development and implementation of public policy on U.S. National cybersecurity, to include critical infrastructure cybersecurity, public-private cybersecurity efforts, cyber threat information sharing, and general cyber resilience.
Develops, reviews, or provides technical assistance for legislative proposals and executive action related to cybersecurity public policy.
Assesses effectiveness of department, agency, and other programs that relate to national cybersecurity.
Develops, plans, and coordinates interagency efforts linked to the National Cybersecurity Strategy and other national priorities and public policy related to national cybersecurity.
Prepares the National Cyber Director (NCD), Deputy National Cyber Director for National Cybersecurity (DNCD), and Assistant National Cyber Director for Cyber Policy and Programs (ANCD-Cyber) for meetings involving U.S. cabinet officers, foreign dignitaries and officials, and members of Congress concerning national cybersecurity public policy issues.
Participates in organizing or preparing special interagency studies, analyses, and policy papers on cybersecurity strategy and other related policy matters of immediate concern to senior ONCD officials.
Synthesizes the positions and views of various executive branch agencies in order to develop comprehensive and coherent strategy and policy recommendations for consideration by policymakers.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national
- Selective Service registration is required if you are a male born after December 31, 1959.
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug tests.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Executive Office of the President will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- May be required to successfully complete a two-year probationary period.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
- Provide a writing sample pertaining to public policy related to cybersecurity ? minimum of 2 pages, maximum of 20 pages.
- Subject to satisfactory security and suitability requirements.
Qualifying experience must demonstrate the following:
1. Developing public policy pertaining to cybersecurity at the national, regional, state, or local level, or participating in the development of public policy pertaining to cybersecurity on behalf of an entity in a critical infrastructure sector.
2. Playing a lead role in developing language and strategy for legislation related to cybersecurity.
3. Playing a lead role in developing language and strategy for regulation related to cybersecurity.
4. Furthering economic, security, and transnational objectives and policies, with a focus on cybersecurity policy.
5. Coordinating policy development with Federal departments and agencies involved in the formulation and execution of public policy pertaining to national cybersecurity.
- Address Office of the National Cyber Director
725 17th Street NW
Washington, DC 20503
- Name: Client Services EOP - OA
- Email: [email protected]