Over 1 Million Paying Vacancies Available. Discover Your Dream Vacancy with Us!

Are you looking for a Tribal Relations Specialist? We suggest you consider a direct vacancy at Forest Service in Everett. The page displays the terms, salary level, and employer contacts Forest Service person

Job opening: Tribal Relations Specialist

Salary: $92 123 per year
City: Everett
Published at: Aug 14 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
These positions are located in the Pacific Northwest Region, Region 6 on the Mt Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest and Olympic National Forest in Everett, WA and Olympia, WA. Serves as Tribal Relations Specialist and point of contact for the American Indian Tribe(s) having an interest in the activities in the designated forest(s). For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Cynthia Sandeno at 425-783-6011 [email protected].


Represent the agency in working with tribe(s), ensuring that the rights of Sovereign Indian Nations are fully respected and incorporated into building and maintaining relationships between the tribes and national forest. Provide leadership to ensure the rights of Sovereign Indian Nations are fully respected. Provide consultation that includes tribal protocol and policies regarding activities affecting American Indian tribal rights or trust resources. Advise leadership of any procedural impediments that negatively impact the ability of the agency and its employees to effectively work with tribal governments. Develop strategies to improve relationships between tribes and national forest. Provide advice and guidance to staff who work in tribal affairs on appropriate interaction with Tribal Representatives to ensure the working relationship is respected and adhered to. Provide group and one-on-one training pertaining to tribal relations. Facilitate discussion of controversial topics and address difficult issues related to tribal relationships.


  • Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
  • Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service or exempt.
  • Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
  • Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
  • Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
  • Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify.
  • Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license.


In order to qualify, you must meet the eligibility and qualifications requirements as defined below by the closing date of the announcement. For more information on the qualifications for this position, visit the Office of Personnel Management's General Schedule Qualification Standards. Your application and resume must clearly show that you possess the experience requirements. Transcripts must be provided for qualifications based on education. Provide course descriptions as necessary. Specialized Experience Requirement: For the GS-12: You must have one year specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience working in a natural or cultural resources environment for or with a Federally recognized tribal government, Native American/Alaska Native tribal or inter-tribal organization or institution, or in a tribal community performing three or more of the following: Assisted leadership with dispute resolution between tribes and/or government agencies; and/or Prepared briefing documents, summaries of tribal relations and consultation activities, and/or summaries of specific tribal concerns; and/or Coordinated tribal outreach efforts on behalf of an agency or tribe; and/or Provided consultation on tribal rights and concerns during development of plans, projects, programs and activities; and/or Served as a point of contact and/or liaison with federal agencies or Native American organizations. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly document the following for each block of work experience; the beginning day, month and year the work assignment started and ended; the hours worked per week; position title, and series and grade if applicable; and description of duties performed. This information must be provided for each permanent, temporary, or seasonal appointment/work assignment or volunteer work and should be clearly documented as a separate block of time. Incomplete, inaccurate, or conflicting work history may not be credited for qualifications purposes. This can result in an applicant not being considered for the position.


There is no substitution of education for specialized experience.


  • Name: HRM Contact Center
  • Phone: 1-877-372-7248 X2
  • Email: [email protected]