Job opening: SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (TITLE 32)
Salary: $30 - 35 per hour
Published at: Aug 12 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1195000 and is part of the NC G4, National Guard (G4-MATES/ MD 7021-608).
As a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC, WG-5801-11, you will perform maintenance, troubleshooting, and major repair on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical, automotive vehicles; troubleshoot, repair/overhaul mechanically complex major systems; make repairs/modifications to assemblies, troubleshoot equipment with a variety of mechanically complex major systems, diagnose difficult problems, mechanical failures by means of visual/auditory checks; use test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, pressure gauges, computer diagnostic tools; remove/disassemble engines/major assemblies, subassemblies components, fuel, hydraulic, oil pressure systems; make appropriate repairs, overhaul, modifications in accordance with proper repair specifications/procedures, improvise repair techniques when standard procedures are not available; reassemble engines, adjust, test, reinstall vehicles/equipment; make adjustments/repairs to electrical/ suspension systems; repair equipment with a variety of interconnected systems, fuel injection, interconnected gear reduction, multiple engine, similarly complex systems; improvise, substitute, alter components/parts to fit into systems which items were not specially designed; perform repairs/maintenance functions in remote locations; provide technical guidance/ specialized team leadership to employee; assist mechanics in performing major repair work on interconnected complex systems; provide Field/limited Sustainment maintenance at unit locations; conduct readiness; ensure vehicles/equipment are properly serviced; inspect supported equipment to ensure it is functioning properly; inspect repair work of lower graded repairer to ensure equipment is being repaired; instruct operator/crew in maintenance equipment, provide technical advice, assist supported units; perform electrical repairs on complex state of art electrical/electronic systems; assist in maintenance of production reports/records, make recommendations to supervisor; plan, organize, perform technical analyses, adjustments necessary to effectively, efficiently/economically accomplish work, maximize production. Performs other duties as assigned.
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Military Grades: Enlisted (E1 to E8)
Minimum Requirements: Experience or training which demonstrates knowledge of equipment to be able to do routine jobs, simple preventative maintenance tasks, and is able to use common tools and equipment in the line of work.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: (18 months) Experience or training diagnosing, repairing, overhauling, and modifying more complex vehicles, equipment, and more complicated systems. Experience which has provided a thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment. Experience applying independent judgment in determining methods and techniques required to solve unusually complex maintenance and repair problems. Experienced in testing, inspecting, and evaluating the work performed on vehicles, equipment and systems.
- Address NC G4
1636 Gold Star Drive
Raleigh, NC 27607
- Name: CSM Jimmy Martin
- Phone: 984-661-1020 X11019
- Email: [email protected]