Job opening: SUPERVISORY GENERAL SUPPLY SPECIALIST
Salary: $57 412 - 74 633 per year
Published at: Aug 12 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Supervisory General Supply Specialist in the Consolidated Hazardous Material Management Program of NAVSUP FLT LOGISTICS CNTR JACKSONVILLE.
You will develop and implement policies related to all Hazardous Material programs.
You will oversee supply and hazardous material management to ensure compliance of government policy and regulations.
You will identify and arrange trainings as needed for employees.
You will implement standard operating procedures and instructions.
You will evaluate effectiveness of procedures and identify areas of improvement.
You will remove damaged or expired hazardous material from storage areas immediately.
You will directly supervise and coordinate the work of all assigned staff.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current forklift certification.
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as helmets, gloves, coveralls, glasses, goggles, respirators and safety shoes continuously for the duration of the work shift.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector applying a knowledge of Supply system policies, programs, procedures, and regulations involving receipt, transfer, storage, transportation, and handling of hazardous material and hazardous waste. Examples of specialized experience may include some of the following: 1) Assist in the development and implementation of measures to reduce or eliminate production issues; 2) Assist in the evaluation and development of Hazardous Material programs to increase productivity, effectiveness and efficiency; 3) Provide procedural guidance to supply and material management personnel involving the receipt, issue, storage delivery, accounting, reutilization and disposal of hazardous material; 4) Review and validate various automated and/or manual systems and analyze for discrepancies; 5)Provide guidance to subordinates and review work to be accomplished; and 6) Ensure standard operating procedures and instructions are followed.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience, provided it demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to do the work of the position:
Successful completion of a master's or equivalent graduate degree,
Successfully completed two full years of progressively higher graduate level education leading to such a degree. (One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours should be considered as satisfying the 1 year of full-time study requirement.)
Possession of an LL.B. or J.D. that is related to this position being filled.https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/students/federal-occupations-by-college-major/
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
- Address NAVSUP FLT LOGISTICS CNTR JACKSONVILLE
Building 110 Yorktown Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32212-0097
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]