Job opening: Information Technology Specialist (Network)
Salary: $69 996 - 90 992 per year
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is a DOD Cyber Excepted Service (CES) personnel system position in the Excepted Service under 10 USC 1599f. Employees occupying CES positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at Fort Huachuca, AZ..
Demonstrate knowledge of networking concepts, principles, practices, procedures, and operational requirements with the analytical ability to identify, isolate and alleviate local area network errors.
Use analysis results to determine ways to improve network link relocation/modification.
Use standard analytical techniques to determine the numbers of peripherals allowable, amount and types of connectivity, and the bandwidth requirements.
Initiate corrective action plans, within regulatory/statutory guide parameters to improve and accomplish network requirements.
Integrate data systems into computer local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN).
Manage the equipment/parts inventory/database for the installation network and ensure sufficient parts are on hand to deal with a major failure.
Troubleshoot all Information Technology problems and determine whether cable, equipment, or operations is the problem.
Responsible for evaluating operations in terms of meeting user needs, capabilities, costs, etc., and to ensure a high grade of service.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Three year trial/probationary period may be required.
- This position requires a Top Secret clearance.
- Physical is required as position requires lifting up to 40 pounds.
- The duties of this position meet the criteria for compliance with Federal and Department of the Army Drug Free Workplace Programs and requires pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Employee may be required to carry a cellular telephone and maintain a working home telephone at all times.
- The employee must possess a valid motor vehicle driver's license and be able to obtain and maintain a valid government vehicle operator?s license.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
30 Percent or More Disabled VeteransCurrent Army Cyber Excepted Service (CES) EmployeeCurrent Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) EmployeeCurrent Civilian Employees of the Organization Applying to Cyber Excepted Service (CES) PositionsCurrent Department of Army Civilian EmployeesCurrent DoD Cyber Excepted Service (CES) Employee (non-Army)Current Permanent DoD Civilian Employee (non-Army) Applying to Cyber Excepted Service PositionsNon-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer Applying to Cyber Excepted Service PositionsPriority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) EligibleUnited States Citizen Applying to a Cyber Excepted Service (CES) Position
Army CES positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 3005, "CES Employment and Placement". If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
This position is in the Professional Work Category at the Full Peformance Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe one year of specialized experience that demonstrates the possession of knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Such experience is typically in or directly related to the work of the position to be filled. Specialized experience would be demonstrated by troubleshooting network or operating system software; resolving malfunctions involving various hardware components or software failures; reviewing requests for additions or modifications to existing network systems; and providing technical assistance in the use or maintenance of network-related information systems for end users.
The specialized experience must include, or be supplemented by, information technology related experience (paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training, as appropriate) which demonstrates each of the four competencies, as defined:
(1) Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: completing work independently that rarely requires editing or review by others
(2) Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: resolving simple and routine problems, questions, or complaints and providing support and guidance to customers on non-routine issues; serving as a primary resource for customers, requesting assistance with complex issues when necessary; and participating in meetings and providing advice to customers in own area of expertise.
(3) Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: expressing facts and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing, and organized manner; clearly conveying moderately complex ideas, concepts, and information to customers; exhibiting active listening by demonstrating understanding of audience comments and/or questions.
(4) Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: identifying and solving problems by gathering and applying information from a variety of materials or sources that provide several alternatives; recognizing and taking action to address non-routine problems; soliciting feedback from multiple stakeholders to understand an issue or problem and accurately assess its root causes and potential solutions; seeking supervisory review where appropriate.
Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree from an accredited or pre-accredited institution in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management; or, three full years of graduate education from an accredited or pre-accredited institution that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems, or networks.
: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address KB-W6SUAA USA SIG NTWK ENT CTR FT HUACHUCA
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Huachuca, AZ 85613
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk