Job opening: Supervisory Information Technology Specialist (Systems Administration)
Salary: $129 451 - 168 283 per year
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is a DOD Cyber Excepted Service (CES) personnel system position in the Excepted Service under 10 USC 1599f. Employees occupying CES positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the 7th Signal Command, 10th Signal Brigade Signal Network Center - JBLM, WA.
Provide leadership in C4 (Command, Control, Communications, Computers) Information Management and Information Technology (C4IM/IT) and JB COLS that involves implementing and supporting theater and enterprise initiatives, projects, and programs.
Exercise responsibility for supervising, managing, coordinating, and directing a Division for execution of services, standards, and ensures responsiveness to IM/IT requirements.
Provide supervision through assigned subordinate supervisors in the daily operations for delivery of C4IM and JB COLS services.
Translates strategic plans and technical guidance into objectives, strategies, and architectural guidance for their assigned installation with other supported agencies.
Utilize available resources to execute projects designed to create business value and meet organizational IT Requirements.
Oversee the delivery of required IM/IT services including Computing, Hosting/Hoteling, Customer Support, and Messaging.
Supervise the short and long-range planning for the Division's operations, including Computing Branch, Server (Hosting/Hoteling) Branch, Customer Support Branch.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Three year trial/probationary period may be required.
- The incumbent must obtain and maintain at a minimum a Secret security clearance with favorable T5 investigation.
- Incumbent must complete a supervisory probationary period if not previously completed.
- Work may require travel away from the normal duty station on an infrequent basis up to 25% of the time.
- On-Call duty every 8 weeks for 2 week period.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
30 Percent or More Disabled VeteransCurrent Army Cyber Excepted Service (CES) EmployeeCurrent Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) EmployeeCurrent Civilian Employees of the Organization Applying to Cyber Excepted Service (CES) PositionsCurrent Department of Army Civilian EmployeesCurrent DoD Cyber Excepted Service (CES) Employee (non-Army)Current Permanent DoD Civilian Employee (non-Army) Applying to Cyber Excepted Service PositionsNon-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer Applying to Cyber Excepted Service PositionsPriority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) EligibleUnited States Citizen Applying to a Cyber Excepted Service (CES) Position
Army CES positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 3005, "CES Employment and Placement". If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
This position is in the Supervision/Management Category at the Senior Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe one year of specialized experience that demonstrates the possession of knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Such experience is typically in or directly related to the work of the position to be filled. Specialized experience would be demonstrated by planning and coordinating the testing, operations, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Installation hardware and software; evaluating the effectiveness and performance of Information Technology (IT) networks; developing and implementing policies and procedures for managing the use of the system facilities and equipment; and serving as technical expert in the area of enterprise system administration.
This specialized experience must include, or be supplemented by, information technology related experience (paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training, as appropriate) which demonstrates each of the four competencies, as defined:
(1) Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
(2) Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
(3) Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
(4) Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
For this job, you must meet the qualifications requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Address KB-W6S7AA USA SIG NTWK ENT CTR FT LEWIS
DO NOT MAIL
Tacoma, WA 98433
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk