Job opening: Housekeeping Aid
Salary: $19 - 22 per hour
Published at: Aug 09 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
The incumbent of this position is a Housekeeping Aid, WG-3566-02, in the Housekeeping Section of Environmental Management Service (EMS) of the Dayton VA Medical Center.
On a regular and recurring basis, the incumbent performs the following major duties and responsibilities:
- Cleans floors using dust and wet mops.
- Scrubs, strips, sweeps, refinishes and seals floors.
- Dusts and washes walls, flat surfaces, ceilings, baseboards windowsills, and furniture.
- Empty and cleans trash receptacles.- Empty and clean Regulated Medical Waste recepticles.
-Replenishes and cleans paper towel, toilet tissue, soap, hand sanitizer and sharps containers.
- Cleans porcelain, stainless steel and marble urinals, toilets, bath tubs, shower stalls, fans, light fixtures, shades, nursing equipment, housekeeping equipment, venetian blinds, exterior surfaces of air vents diffuses, glass-surfaces, pillows, mattresses, beds, bedside stands, over-bed tables, call-light cords and bedside chairs.
- Makes beds with clean linen.
- Sets up warning signs and/or barriers whenever the activity performed makes an area potentially hazardous.
- Vacuums and cleans upholstered furniture and carpeted areas.
- Provides preventative maintenance for equipment, floors, carpets, furniture, furnishings.
Work Schedule: Full time varied shifts and days
Position Description Title/PD#: Housekeeping Aid/PD00502A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 08/23/2023.
EXPERIENCE: A specific length of training and experience is not required, but you must show evidence of training or experience of sufficient scope and quality of your ability to do the work of this position. Evidence which demonstrates you possess the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the duties of this position must be supported by detailed descriptions of such on your resume. Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Federal Wage System Qualification Standards.
SCREEN-OUT ELEMENT: Your qualifications will first be evaluated against the prescribed screen out element, which usually appears as question 1 in the on-line questionnaire. Those applicants who appear to possess at least the minimal acceptable qualification requirement are considered for further rating; those who do not are rated ineligible and are eliminated. The potential eligibles are then rated against the remainder of the Job Elements:
Follow DirectionsPhysical Strength and AgilitySpecial Aptitude - Housekeeping WorkWithout more than normal supervisionWork Practices
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Note: A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions: All candidates must be physically and mentally able to perform efficiently the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, without hazard to themselves or others. Candidates must meet the physical requirements outlined in Section II and Section VI of the OPM Operating Manual, Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions and must possess emotional and mental stability.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address Dayton VA Medical Center
4100 West Third Street
Dayton, OH 45428
- Name: Tyler Willis
- Phone: 937-268-6511 X2883
- Email: [email protected]