Job opening: Procurement Analyst
Salary: $94 199 - 145 617 per year
Published at: Jul 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This position is located in the Executive Office of the President, Office of Federal Procurement Policy (OFPP).
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
Category Rating, Veterans Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this Public Notice.
**Notice, more than one selection can be made within 90 days of the issuance of the certificate, if more vacancies occur.**
As a Procurement Analyst, GS-1102-12/13, your typical work assignments may include the following:
The incumbent reviews, analyzes, and evaluates federal acquisition laws, regulations, and policies in order to develop draft policies documents and other guidance documents.
The incumbent review independently research, analyze procurement data and other relevant information in order to write reports.
The incumbent applies analytical and evaluate methods and techniques in developing procedures and approaches.
The incumbent reviews agency acquisition policies, regulations, hearing testimony, to ensure consistency with OMB and OFPP priorities.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national
- Selective Service registration is required if you are a male born after December 31, 1959.
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug tests.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Executive Office of the President will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- May be required to successfully complete a one year probationary period.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Promotion to the next highest grade level is neither guaranteed nor implied.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must meet the qualification requirements outlined below to be considered minimally qualified for this position. The qualification requirements are in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standards.
ALL QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the next lower grade or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector.
You may qualify at the GS-12 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector that demonstrates: 1) Reviewing agency acquisition policies regulations, and hearing testimonies; 2) Collaborating with a variety of stakeholders to understand and integrate stakeholder positions into policy; AND 3) Managing the government-wide procurement data systems.
You may qualify at the GS-13 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector that demonstrates: 1) Reviewing agency acquisition policies regulations, and hearing testimonies; 2) Collaborating with a variety of stakeholders to understand and integrate stakeholder positions into policy; 3) Managing the government-wide procurement data systems; AND 4) Overseeing the development of federal acquisition and policy documents.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
EDUCATIONAL SUBSTITUTION: There is no educational substitution for this position.
- Address Office of Management and Budget
725 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20503
- Name: Client Services EOP - OA
- Email: [email protected]