Over 1 Million Paying Vacancies Available. Discover Your Dream Vacancy with Us!

Are you looking for a Procurement Technician? We suggest you consider a direct vacancy at Bureau of Reclamation in Yuma. The page displays the terms, salary level, and employer contacts Bureau of Reclamation person

Job opening: Procurement Technician

Salary: $40 393 - 58 537 per year
City: Yuma
Published at: May 16 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on their expertise as a Procurement Technician. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment. Duty Location: Boulder City, Nevada and Yuma, Arizona Full time telework or remote work is not available for this position.


At the full performance level, the incumbent: Reviews purchase requests submitted by program offices for completeness and accuracy. Notifies program offices of corrective actions required, as necessary, and provides guidance on how to remedy issues identified. Coordinates and tracks the timely movement of requisition documents through the purchase request approval process. Prepares solicitation packages, including requests for proposals and invitations for bids. Prepares amendments for all solicitations. Prepares supporting documentation for contract actions, including synopses, Notices of Award of Contract, Notices to Unsuccessful Offerors, Designation of Contracting Officer's Representatives, and/or Requests for Bid Verification by analyzing and abstracting pertinent information from contract files and incoming correspondence. Receives and reviews payment requests for conformance with the payment clause (terms and conditions), and technical and performance requirements of the Statement of Work (SOW) of the contract.



In order to be rated as qualified for this position, the HR Office must be able to determine that you meet the education and/or specialized experience requirement - this information must be clearly supported in the resume. This position may be filled at the GS-05 or GS-06 level. Subsequent promotion(s) to a higher grade may be made without further competition butis not guaranteed or promised. Promotion up to the GS-07 level is dependent upon administrative approval and the continuing need for an actual assignment and performance at the higher-level duties. GS-05: In order to qualify for the GS-05 grade level, your resume must reflect one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficultly and complexity to the GS-04 level in the Federal Service -OR- 4 years of academic study above high school. A combination of successfully completed education and experience may be used to meet the 1-year specialized experience requirement. Specialized Experience for GS-05: Experience 1) performing clerical and technical work that support the procurement of supplies, services, such as: checking files/or records for purchase request number, accounting codes, item description, estimated cost, and quantity; 2) logging and tracking invoices to ensure required data or log entry is present; and 3) reviewing computer printouts of purchase request information to ensure the accuracy of data. GS-06: In order to qualify for the GS-06 grade level, your resume must reflect one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficultly and complexity to the GS-05 level in the Federal Service. Specialized Experience for GS-06: Experience 1) checking invoices against purchase orders or contracts to make sure quantities, items or services, prices, company names, delivery schedules, and destination terms agree; 2) experience providing information to vendors on the bid process and requirements for submission; 3) experience answering recurring questions from various personnel about the status of requisitions, changes in orders and delivery dates, and reasons for delays; and 4) checking appropriate computer listings, procurement documents, or other available records or files to obtain information on assigned contracts or orders. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Time-In-Grade: Current career or career-conditional employees of the Federal government, or former career or career-conditional employees, who have a break in service of less than one year, are required to meet the time-in-grade restriction of one year of Federal experience at the next lower-grade, with few exceptions outlined in 5 CFR 300.603(b). You must meet all Eligibility and Qualification requirements, including time-in-grade restrictions and any selective placement factors if applicable, by 05/30/2024.


This vacancy announcement allows substituting education for experience at the GS-05 grade level. You must submit a copy of college transcript(s) (unofficial copy is acceptable) to support claimed education if substituting education for experience. Transcripts must include the name of the college or university and date the degree was conferred. A typed list of courses, grades, semester/quarter hours, GPA, etc. will not be accepted. Non-submission may result in being rated not-qualified for the position.

You will be required to provide official college transcripts to verify educational qualifications, if selected. An official transcript must be sent directly from the University's Registrar's office and must be provided from the institution awarding the degree. Academic transcripts certified by notary publics are NOT official. Official transcripts must be submitted prior to reporting to work as a condition of employment. Failure to submit official transcripts may be grounds for dismissal or rescission of the job offer.

Accreditation: Only education from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education is acceptable to meet education requirements or to substitute for experience, if applicable. For additional info, refer to the Office of Personnel Management and U.S. Department of Education.

Foreign Education: To receive credit for education completed outside the United States, you must show proof that the education has been submitted to a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials and such education has been deemed at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education programs. For additional info, refer to the U.S. Network for Education Information.


  • Address Lower Colorado Basin Bureau of Reclamation PO Box 61470 Boulder City, NV 89006 US
  • Name: Lisa Tate-Jones
  • Phone: 702-293-8102
  • Email: [email protected]