Over 1 Million Paying Vacancies Available. Discover Your Dream Vacancy with Us!

Are you looking for a Physical Security Specialist? We suggest you consider a direct vacancy at National Park Service in Vienna. The page displays the terms, salary level, and employer contacts National Park Service person

Job opening: Physical Security Specialist

Salary: $82 764 - 107 590 per year
City: Vienna
Published at: May 15 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
This position is located in Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, in the Interpretation and Visitor Services Division.


Major duties include but are not limited to the following: Serves as the Park's technical expert for the physical security of park visitors, buildings, equipment and property. Responsible for the development. planning, organizing and evaluating the park's emergency planning. Serves as the Park's Structural Fire Coordinator (PSFC) as required in NPS DO-58 and is the principal advisor to the Superintendent and management team on structural fire safety. Works with Park and law enforcement staff to ensure a consistent, service-wide approach to assessing injuries and developing damages for incidents that threaten or injure park resources. Serves as a Contracting Officer Representative (COR) overseeing the execution of construction and security contracts. Protect the natural, cultural, historical, and human resources contained within Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts.



All qualifications must be met by the closing date of this announcement-05/29/2024-unless otherwise stated in this vacancy announcement. Credit will be given for all appropriate qualifying experience. For current Federal employees, if hours worked per week are not included on your resume, you must submit a non-award SF-50 as part of your application to be used to validate your work schedule and determine the amount of specialized experience that you will be granted. An award SF-50 will not be acceptable documentation for which to consider your amount of qualifying experience. For all other applicants who are not current federal employees, your resume must state either "full-time" (or "40 hours a week") or "part-time" with the number of hours worked per week to ensure proper crediting of specialized experience. For periods of time that reflect military service, the DD-214 or Statement of Service is sufficient to meet the full and/or part-time hours requirement as the service dates will be reflected. To qualify for this position at the GS-11 grade level, you must possess at least one of the following minimum qualifications by close of the announcement: EXPERIENCE: At least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience includes activities such as: implement standard agency management practices, methods and techniques needed to identify resource protection and visitor use conditions, concerns, and priorities; apply and interpret federal and agency regulations, directives, and operating procedures; apply investigative techniques, practices and innovations needed to perform and supervise related activities such as detection, evaluation, investigation; assess physical security measures such as barriers, alarms, key systems, and electronic means; knowledge of the Incident Command System (ICS) and the skill to provide leadership and manage a timely response to emergency situations and events; comprehensive knowledge of resource management practices, planning, and programs sufficient to plan, conduct and supervise resource protection activities that support agency's goals and objectives. You must include hours per week worked. -OR- EDUCATION: Successful completion of at least a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or three (3) full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree from an accredited college or university, or an LL.M. degree related to this position. (NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts as proof of any claimed education). -OR- Successful completion of a combination of education and experience as described above. To combine education and experience, first divide your semester hours of related progressively higher-level graduate education by 18. Then take the number of months of full-time experience and divide by 12 months. Add the percentages together. The total must equal at least 100 percent to qualify. You must include transcripts. Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.


To qualify based on education, you must submit a legible copy of transcripts from an accredited institution with your name, school name, credit hours, course level, major(s), and grade-point average or class ranking. Transcripts do not need to be official, but if you are selected for this position and you used your education to qualify, you must provide official transcripts before you begin work.

If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet qualification requirements, you must show that your education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.

Requirements Section Continued:

  • You may be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties. Prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year thereafter (or more frequently if management determines such need exists), you will be required to sign an affidavit certifying to your possession of a valid State issued driver's license that is current and has not been revoked, suspended, canceled, or otherwise disqualified in any way to prohibit your operation of a motor vehicle. You will also submit a photocopy of your valid State issued driver's license prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year, or more frequently if management determines such need exists. Lastly, you may be required to submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that discloses all valid driver's licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you. Please indicate in your application whether you possess a valid State driver's license.


  • Address NPS Inflation Reduction Act 1849 C St. NW Washington, DC 20240 US
  • Name: Maritere Vazquez
  • Email: [email protected]