Over 1 Million Paying Vacancies Available. Discover Your Dream Vacancy with Us!

Are you looking for a Housing Management Assistant? We suggest you consider a direct vacancy at National Park Service in Page. The page displays the terms, salary level, and employer contacts National Park Service person

Job opening: Housing Management Assistant

Salary: $49 025 - 63 733 per year
City: Page
Published at: Mar 11 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
This position is located in Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, in the Division of Business and Technology.


The incumbent reports to the Chief of Business and Technology and performs a wide variety of necessary budgetary, accounting, and other administrative duties that are central to the management of the park housing program. The following are a list of duties but not limited to: Updates and verifies housing inventory and functions as the Park's Housing Manager in the computerized housing inventory Internet Quarters Management Information System (iQMIS), assuring accurate information. Creates and maintains spreadsheets in Excel on Housing Inventory, Required Occupancy, and other housing Information. Performs preseason housing planning with all divisions in developing yearly and seasonal housing requirements. Maintains/Improves working relationships with other all customers.



All qualifications must be met by the closing date of this announcement-03/24/2024-unless otherwise stated in this vacancy announcement. Credit will be given for all appropriate qualifying experience. For current Federal employees, if hours worked per week are not included on your resume, you must submit a non-award SF-50 as part of your application to be used to validate your work schedule and determine the amount of specialized experience that you will be granted. An award SF-50 will not be acceptable documentation for which to consider your amount of qualifying experience. For all other applicants who are not current federal employees, your resume must state either "full-time" (or "40 hours a week") or "part-time" with the number of hours worked per week to ensure proper crediting of specialized experience. For periods of time that reflect military service, the DD-214 or Statement of Service is sufficient to meet the full and/or part-time hours requirement as the service dates will be reflected. Any individual who is currently holding, or has held within the previous 52 weeks, a General Schedule position under non-temporary appointment in the competitive or excepted service, must meet time-in-grade requirements (must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade or equivalent in the Federal service). Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Time-In-Grade requirements also apply to former Federal civilian employees applying for reinstatement as well as current employees applying for Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) appointment. To qualify for this position at the GS-07 grade level, you must possess one of the following minimum qualifications by close of the announcement: EXPERIENCE: At least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-05 grade level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience includes activities such as: (1) Assist with the administrative management of a government-furnished housing program. (2) Coordinate all check-ins and check-outs necessary to monitor occupancy and vacates of employees in housing units. (3) Assist with developing, evaluating and making recommendations to management on plans and program management strategies concerning housing policy, service guidelines and departmental requirements. (4) Receive and process tenant complaints or requests for repair or maintenance of inoperative, damaged, or broken fixtures, furnishings, equipment, or structures. (5) Assist in preparing housing for occupancy by cleaning and performing basic safety inspections. You must include hours per week worked. -OR- EDUCATION: Successful completion of one full year of graduate education that demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities in a related field such as business administration, economics, accounting, finance, governmental budgeting, or public administration. One year of graduate education is equivalent to 18 semester hours or 27 quarter hours. PLEASE NOTE: If you are using education to qualify, you must submit a copy of your college transcripts. -OR- Successful completion of a combination of education and experience as described above. To combine education and experience, first take the amount of graduate credits divide by 18 graduate credits multiple by 12 months. Then take the number of months of full-time experience and divide by 12 months. Add the percentages together. The total must equal at least 100 percent to qualify. For example, if you have 9 graduate credits (50 percent) plus 6 months of specialized experience is equal to 100 percent to qualify. PLEASE NOTE: If you are using education to qualify, you must submit a copy of your college transcripts. -OR- Successfully completed a bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, accounting, finance, governmental budgeting, or public administration and meet one of the' following Superior Academic Achievement provisions: (1) A grade-point average of B or better (a GPA 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0) for all completed undergraduate courses, or those completed in the last 2 years of undergraduate study; (2) A grade-point average of B+ or better (a GPA of 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0) for all courses in my major field of study, or those courses in my major completed in the last two years; (3) Rank in the upper one-third of my class in the college, university, or major subdivision; or (4) Membership in a national honor society (other than freshman honor societies) recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies. PLEASE NOTE: If more than 10 percent of your undergraduate course work (credit hours) was taken on a pass/fail or similar basis, your claim must be based on class standing or membership in an honor society. If you are using education to qualify, you must submit a copy of your college transcripts. Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.


To qualify based on education, you must submit a legible copy of transcripts from an accredited institution with your name, school name, credit hours, course level, major(s), and grade-point average or class ranking. Transcripts do not need to be official, but if you are selected for this position and you used your education to qualify, you must provide official transcripts before you begin work.

If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet qualification requirements, you must show that your education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.


  • Address Glen Canyon National Recreation Area PO Box 1507 Page, AZ 86040-1507 US
  • Name: Carina Nicholas
  • Email: [email protected]