Job opening: Child & Youth Program Training and Curriculum Specialist
Salary: $33 - 37 per hour
Published at: Feb 12 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
The purpose of the Child and Youth Program (CYP) Training and Curriculum (T&C) Specialist position is threefold: (1) to
provide and deliver a comprehensive training program to CYP employees, CYP volunteers/contractors (12/21/18 MC) and Child
Development Home (CDH) providers that supports the professional requirements of their positions.
Major duties and responsibilities are summarized below.
- Must satisfactorily complete all background checks for child care positions, including fingerprint checks, a Tier 1 with Child Care check, Tier 3 if applicable, and a State Criminal History Repository (SCHR) check.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, provide evidence of immunization, be free of all communicable diseases, and obtain appropriate immunization against communicable diseases.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Must successfully obtain and maintain appropriate security clearance as needed.
- Ability to complete required training certificates, and maintain certifications or credentials required by Federal, State, and/or national accreditation institutions used as part of DoD's Child and Youth Programs.
- Participation in Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within the first 30 days of employment is required.
- Marijuana is a Schedule I drug under the Controlled Substances Act and therefore use of marijuana is illegal under Federal law regardless of State laws.
- A positive drug test result for marijuana (or any other drug tested for) will result in withdrawal of the tentative job offer and ineligibility to apply for a position within the Department of Defense for 6 months from the date of the drug test.
Resumes must include information which demonstrates experience and knowledge, skills, and ability (KSAs) as they relate to this position. Applicants are encouraged to be clear and specific when describing their experience level and KSAs.
A qualified candidate possesses the following:
Knowledge, skill, and ability to independently manage a developmentally appropriate program for the age groups served.
Knowledge and background of child and youth programs including principles, practices and techniques of child and youth development.
Knowledge of adult learning techniques and strategies and experience training adult learners.
Knowledge of Federal and State laws governing the detection and prevention of child abuse and/or neglect.
Knowledge of the NAEYC, COA and NAFCC accreditation criteria and process, the required programs of the BGCA, 4-H, and the
Skills and knowledge to implement the Department of Defense (DoD) certification standards.
Knowledge in interests and motivation of individuals and groups.
Skill in planning, organizing, and implementing a variety of programs.
Skill to develop curriculum outlines, courses of study lesson plans/guides, and to conduct training workshops.
Ability to provide guidance and leadership to employees and providers.
Ability to identify and respond to emergency situations including evacuations, child illness, and physical and emotional disorders.
Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, and possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
A Master's degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development AND 1 year of full-time experience working with children and/or youth.
A 4-year degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development AND 3 years of full-time experience working with children and/or youth.
A combination of education and experience with courses (24 higher level semester hours) in or related to Early Childhood Education or Child Development AND 3 years of full-time experience working with children and/or youth.
Note: A copy of your H.S. diploma, GED, or college transcripts (showing degree awarded/conferred) MUST be submitted when applying. If your degree has not been awarded you MUST also provide a copy of your HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Address NSF Indian Head
47402 Buse Rd
Patuxent River, MD 20670
- Name: NDW NAF HR
- Email: [email protected]