Job opening: Food and Beverage Attendant (Snack Bar) NA-02
Salary: $20 - 23 per hour
Published at: Feb 12 2024
Employment Type: Intermittent
This position is located at Mid POM Java Cafe located on the Presidio of Monterey (POM).
This position has an approved exception to the Dual Compensation policy. In addition to being open to public, regular full-time, part- time and intermittent current Appropriated and Nonappropriated Funds employees may apply. Shifts start as early as 05:30am.
**This announcement is open and continuous; list sent bi-weekly to management starting 26 FEBRUARY 2024; lists also sent at management request.
Prepares a limited variety of short order fast food items such as hamburgers, hot dogs, fish and chicken sandwiches, pizzas, French fries, etc. Prepares/slices lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and other vegetables for sandwiches, salads, and pizzas.
Assures that tables/work surfaces; walls, floors, equipment, and storage areas are promptly cleared and cleaned. Takes delivery of supplies and ensures proper storage of shipments after delivery.
Serves as cashier in the snack bar, receiving payment by cash or charge. Completes cash report at the end of assigned shift. Orders fast food items, condiments, and other necessary supplies.
Follows all safety, security, and good housekeeping rules. May work on a mobile eating cart driving around to deliver food and drink to patrons.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours refresher training annually.
- Certificate of Medical Examination is required.
- Light to heavy physical effort is required. Frequently lifts and moves objects weighing up to 40 pounds, occasionally lifting and carrying up to 45 pounds.
- Incumbent must be able and willing to walk, stoop, bend, pull, push, and reach, frequently and to stand for long periods of time. May be required to work on ladders and use power cleaning equipment.
- May be exposed to hot liquids, sharp cutting blades, and hot working surfaces and extreme temperature changes when entering walk in refrigerators or freezing units. There is a danger of slipping on a floor where food or beverages have been spilled.
- May work indoors in normal indoor kitchen and dining room conditions and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions running a food cart.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2.
- Incumbent may also be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally controlled facilities.
Experience or training that indicates sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of this position consistent with acceptable practices of the trade including but not limited to the following:
Must meet state/local age requirements at the time of appointment if serving alcoholic beverages.
Ability to work without more than normal supervision.
Ability to keep things neat, clean, and in order.
Possess basic food preparation and handling techniques.
Ability to interpret verbal and written instructions.
Knowledge of basic sanitation principles.
Ability to use and maintain kitchen tools and equipment.
Able to lift and move objects up to 40 pounds and frequently walk, bend, stoop, pull, push and reach.
**If providing a resume, the information provided on your resume should be clear and specific. You will be rated based solely off of the
information provided within your resume. Assumptions will not be made regarding your experience and the duties performed.**
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address EY-NAF-W6CGAA US ARMY GARRISON PRESIDIO OF MONTEREY
DO NOT MAIL
Presidio of Monterey, CA 93944
- Name: NAF CHRA Fort Huachuca
- Phone: 000-000-0000
- Email: [email protected]