Job opening: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (OA)
Salary: $44 117 - 57 354 per year
Published at: Feb 12 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as an Administrative Assistant (OA) of CNATT UNIT JACKSONVILLE.
You will provide administrative services support to assigned activities.
You will serve as point of contact for the coordination and processing of transactions related to support provided.
You will perform a full range of standard and nonstandard clerical assignments which typically involve different and unrelated steps, processes, or methods.
You will report on problems encountered, status of actions and follows transactions through to a successful completion.
You will enter, change, update and modify textural and statistical data and extract data for a variety of management purposes.
You will type a wide variety of correspondence, reports, records and documents.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver’s license.
- This position requires the ability to type at least 40 words per minute. Your response to the typing skill question on the Occupational Questionnaire will be used in your qualification determination.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Performing administrative work in an office environment; 2) Utilizing office automation software to format documents and data; and 3) Maintaining and updating files based on policies and directives.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
- Address CNATT UNIT JACKSONVILLE
Jacksonville, FL 32212
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]