Job opening: MEATCUTTING WORKER
Salary: $20 - 23 per hour
Published at: Feb 12 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
Meatcutting Workers assist full performance meatcutters by performing simpler tasks when processing beef, pork, veal, and lamb into retail and ready to eat cuts for sale to patrons. Specific assignments vary by individual store and store management requirements. Meatcutting Workers assist full performance meatcutters by performing simpler tasks when processing beef, pork, veal, and lamb into retail and ready to eat cuts for sale to patrons.
Assists journeyman meatcutters by performing the simpler tasks when processing beef, pork, veal, and lamb into retail and ready to eat cuts for sale to patrons.
Trays, wraps, weighs, and prices cuts using automatic or manual wrapping machines.
Ensures correct prices by referencing price lists.
Replenishes stock in display cases and rotates product to ensure wholesomeness.
Uses, cleans, maintains, and sharpens a variety of hand tools and power equipment.
Cleans and sanitizes work area to maintain required standards of cleanliness and sanitation.
Read the entire announcement before starting the application process.
- Be a U.S. citizen or national. Applicants with a Permanent Resident Card are authorized to live and work in the U.S. but are not eligible for employment in positions requiring U.S. citizenship. If selected, proof of citizenship may be required.
- Meet minimum age requirement. See Additional Information.
- Males born after 12-31-1959 must be registered with or exempt from Selective Service.
- May be subject to successful verification of identity and employment eligibility through E-Verify. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, at https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- May be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as required. New federal employees will be fingerprinted.
- Be able to obtain and maintain clearance eligibility based on the appropriate background investigation.
- May be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Meet the physical requirements identified in the Qualifications section.
- May be subject to one year supervisory probationary period.
- Optional form 306 (OF-306): If you are selected for this position you may be asked to submit the OF-306 declaration for Federal Employment.
- Works an irregular schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays.
You must meet qualifications and requirements by the closing date. Per the OPM Qualification System for Trades and Labor Occupations, how you gained the skill and/or knowledge or the length of time you have spent in this line of work is not as important as what you can do and that you have the required ability or potential to successfully perform the duties of this position. Your resume should show your specific knowledge, skill, and abilities for this position in relation to each of the elements being measured.
Examples of qualifying experience:
Working in the retail meat department traying, wrapping and weighing meat for sale to patrons.
Cutting, trimming and boning meat.
Using hand tools and operating powered meat cutting equipment.
You will receive credit for all relevant qualifying experience (paid and unpaid), including volunteer work done through National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).
Physical requirements: (1) Walking and standing continuously while working. (2) Frequently lifting, pushing, and pulling pieces and bulk boxes of meat weighing 50 to 100 pounds. (3) Works in areas where the temperature ranges from minus 10 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. You will attest to your ability to perform these physical requirements in the Questionnaire.
As part of the online application process, you will respond to a series of questions designed to evaluate what you can do against what the work requires (job element method). This job has one critical element, called the screen-out element (SOE). The SOE addresses the critical knowledge, skill, and abilities essential to satisfactory job performance. Applicants who clearly fail to meet the lowest acceptable requirement in the SOE are rated ineligible and receive no further consideration. The job elements for this job are:
Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc.
Ability to use and maintain hand tools
Ability to use and maintain power tools
Dexterity and Safety
Knowledge of Materials
You may not use education to qualify for this position.
- Address Defense Commissary Agency West
1300 E Avenue
Fort Gregg-Adams, VA 23801-1800
- Name: DECA WEST Servicing Team
- Phone: 614-692-7831
- Email: [email protected]