Job opening: FINANCIAL TECHNICIAN
Salary: $46 020 - 74 110 per year
Published at: Feb 12 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a FINANCIAL TEHCNICIAN in the CORPORATE SUPPORT ANALYSIS DIVISION of NAVAIRWARCENWPNDIV CHINA LAKE.
You will plan and coordinate a variety of administrative service functions.
You will provide financial support to various Departments throughout the Corporate Business and Analysis Group.
You will process incoming Funding Documents, Outgoing Funding Documents, and create reports in Excel ranging from simple to complex.
You will assist in preparing analytical reports, status/requirement reports to headquarters, program plans, work unit assignments, and/or related facility plans.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for STRL jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower pay band. This requirement is called time-in-band. Time-in-band requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This is a Financial Management Level 01 certified position per the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Section 1599d. You must achieve this level within prescribed timelines. Certification requirements are in DoD Instruction 1300.26.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the DG-03 pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate some or all of the following: 1) Processing financial transactions and validating expenses; 2) Processing/reviewing transactions in accounting system; 3) Executing routine transactional actions; 4) Utilizing Microsoft excel, Microsoft Word or other Microsoft Office Products; and 5) Demonstrating ability to work in a group environment.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the DG-02 pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. . Specialized experience must demonstrate some or all of the following: 1) Providing administrative or financial support in a business environment; 2) Demonstrating experience with data entry, record review, and routine transactional actions; 3) Utilizing Microsoft excel, Microsoft Word or other Microsoft Office Products; and 4) Demonstrating ability to work in a group environment.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
4-years above high school.
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
- Address NAVAIRWARCENWPNDIV CHINA LAKE
1 Administration Circle
China Lake, CA 93555-6100
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]