Job opening: ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Salary: $44 316 - 71 366 per year
Published at: Feb 12 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
This position is part of the Department of Defense Civilian Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project. The NK-2 broadband level encompasses positions equivalent to GS-5 through GS-7.
You will serve as an Administrative Support Assistant in the office of the Director, Inactive Ships On-Site Maintenance Office, Bremerton, WA.
You will oversee all aspects of office administration to include budget, correspondence, purchasing of office equipment and supplies, supply management, personnel, communications, file management, building maintenance, and travel.
You will track applicable financial and all personnel, supply, and other administrative transactions as the documentation flows through the office in both electronic and paper form.
You will collect data for the office operating budget requirements related to training, travel and administration.
You will review submissions, ensuring only items to be accomplished during the budget period are submitted to the Budget Analyst.
You will set up controls to monitor expenses during the year.
You will recommend budget adjustments including restructuring budget allocations or work plans to deal with change situations such as varying costs for equipment parts or services and changes in the availability of funds.
You will plan and design correspondence and record maintenance utilizing automated systems.
You will oversee the maintenance of the office filing system.
You will research, gather, analyze, and consolidate data for recurring and special reports.
You will prepare narratives, charts, graphs and handouts for briefings and presentations.
You will recommend ways to obtain data needed to ensure management requirements for administrative programs/projects are met.
You will assist with presentations as required.
You will review all correspondence to ensure they are prepared in accordance with the Navy Correspondence Manual and other appropriate directives.
You will maintain inventories of equipment, plant account and plant property in the custody the government staff.
You will maintain records in the web-based Department of Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS) for control of administrative property and conduct periodic inventories.
You will also serve as a Security Assistant and custodian of classified material, ensuring compliance with all applicable guidelines for proper handling and stowage of classified material and personnel security clearances.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final Secret security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-4 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: Performing clerical or office automation services (e.g., preparing correspondence, presentations, drafting or compiling reports, tracking budget data, purchasing of office supplies) to provide administrative support for an organization.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
- Successful completion of four years of education above high school; OR
- A combination of experience and education as described above that equates to one year of experience.
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
- Address NAVSEA INACTSHIPMAINTO BREM
1400 Farragut Avenue
Bremerton, WA 98314-5000
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]