Job opening: PROGRAM SPECIALIST
Salary: $89 910 - 128 956 per year
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
The Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency's Security Programs Office, Insider Threat, and Mission Resilience organization is looking for Program Specialist (Continuity Planner). The incumbent will support the Senior Continuity Manager and will be responsible for providing assistance in supporting comprehensive agency wide management policies and plans. Interested? Consider DCSA and be a part of America's Gatekeeper Team!
As a PROGRAM SPECIALIST you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develops COOP planning guidance, instructions, directives, programs, and policies.
- Manage day-to-day continuity programs and represent DCSA at inter-agency forums and working groups including the Inter-agency Continuity Working Group (ICWG), Continuity Advisory Group and working groups as appropriate.
- Serve as the primary Government Emergency Telecommunications Service (GETS) card and Wireless Priority Service (WPS) POC for DCSA HQ continuity personnel.
- Establishes continuity program planning objectives and procedural requirements to ensure sustainment of essential functions during a continuity activation.
- Administers support to components to ensure that agency leadership and continuity personnel are properly trained, and facilities properly equipped to execute continuity plans with little or no notice.
- Incumbent responds 24/7 in a timely manner appropriate to all emergency or continuity situations and all-hazard and threats to provide DCSA leadership and staff with appropriate guidance to respond to any emergency, continuity, or all-hazard threat event.
- The incumbent must remain contactable 24/7 by mobile phone and laptop unless exception is granted by the Chief, Mission Resilience or Chief, Security Programs.
- Must be a US citizen
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service. For more information http://www.sss.gov
- Resume and supporting documents received by 11:59PM EST will be considered
- This is a Drug Testing designated position
- Position is a (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under U.S.C. 1601
- Work Schedule: Full Time
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Tour of Duty: Flexible
- PCS (Permanent Change of Station): May be authorized
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
- Financial Disclosure: Not Required
- Telework Eligibility: This position is telework eligible, but is not a full time telework position. The incumbent will be required to report to the office on a routine basis.
- If selected, the incumbent must obtain and maintain appropriate security clearance as indicated in job announcement.
- FEMA Level I Professional Continuity Practitioner qualification is desired.
- FEMA Level II Master Continuity Practitioner qualification is desired.
- Incumbent must be available to relocate to alternate locations within 12 hours and execute mandatory telework if required.
The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened from the Office of Personnel Management's (OPMs) basic qualifications requirements. See: Miscellaneous Administration and Program Series 0301 (opm.gov) for OPM qualification standards, competencies and specialized experience needed to perform the duties of the position as described in the MAJOR DUTIES and QUALIFICATIONS sections of this announcement by 02/05/2024
Applicant must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position.
You must have specialized experience sufficient to demonstrate that you have acquired all the competencies necessary to perform at a level equivalent in difficulty, responsibility, and complexity to the next lower grade GG/GS 11 in the Federal service and are prepared to take on greater responsibility.
Generally, this would include one year or more of such specialized experience. Specialized experience for this position includes:
The position is responsible for assisting with the full life cycle of continuity planning, coordination, and execution of all hazards contingency planning. Demonstrated experience providing input for continuity plans and operations as well as the development and implementation of continuity processes. This includes exercise activities (plan, design, execution, and evaluation), scheduling meetings, facilitating discussions, and providing senior updates: Demonstrated experience gathering information, identify and analyze issues, and develop recommendations to resolve substantive problems related to Continuity of Operations planning. The result of these activities supports the overall team strategy and capability uplift and will focus on strengthening our continuity of operations processes. The position supports post-exercise after action analysis, reporting, assessment, and documentation of the gaps identified.
Specifically you will be evaluated on the following competencies:
1. Administration and Management: Knowledge of planning, coordination, and execution of business functions, resource allocation, and production.
2. Creative Thinking: Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions to make organizational improvements; designs and implements new or cutting-edge programs/processes.
3.Flexibility: Adapts quickly to changes.
4. Oral Communication: Expresses ideas and facts to individuals or groups effectively; makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others; facilitates an open exchange of ideas.
5. Planning and Evaluating: Organizes work, sets priorities, and determines resource requirements; determines short- or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them; coordinates with other organizations or parts of the organization to accomplish goals; monitors progress and evaluates outcomes.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
- Address Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency
27130 Telegraph Road
Quantico, VA 22134
- Name: DCSA Servicing Team
- Phone: 614-692-2886
- Email: [email protected]