Job opening: QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
Salary: $80 665 - 104 861 per year
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D1818000 and is part of the CO 140 MXG, National Guard.
The primary purpose of this position is to establish and execute a planned systematic approach of quality assurance for all areas of aircraft maintenance, designed to provide the maintenance managers confidence that aircraft, aircraft systems, munitions, equipment, products or supporting processes conform to technical, safety, work load and customer requirements. Serves as the Office of Primary Responsibility (OPR) for wing maintenance policy, advising supervisors and employees on both general policy and specific maintenance matters. Maintenance Standardization Evaluation Program (MSEP): Administers, evaluates, and coordinates a comprehensive quality assurance, maintenance standardization, and inspection program for all areas of the maintenance organization, all maintenance disciplines, job series and Air Force Specialty Codes (AFSCs). Executes the evaluation program and accumulates data using Inspection and Evaluation techniques such as Task Evaluations, Quality Verification Inspections, Special Inspections, Personnel Evaluations and Management Inspections. Monitors and assesses the organization's quality program and elements of the program to gauge compliance with directives and established processes. Utilizes data collection techniques and procedures for evaluation, inspection, and audit programs, evaluates the results and determines the appropriate and effective method and format for presentation to higher-level management. Collaborates with the Maintenance Group Commander, Maintenance Squadron Commanders, and Quality Assurance Supervisor to plan, develop, implement, inspect, and report numerous critical compliance issues and review the Configuration Management (CM) programs. Serves as the Aircraft Weight and Balance program manager utilizing complex computer based programs, data bases, electronic weighing apparatus, and integrated weight and balance computers for the Wing to maintain strict accounting of aircraft weight and balance for safe flight operations. Reviews wing depot-level assistance requests developed in accordance with tech orders. Prepares and reviews Product Quality Deficiency Reports (QDR) prior to releasing to the Air Logistics Center (ALC) or Aircraft Sustainment Group and performs exhibit-processing oversight by coordinating with ALC and Logistics Readiness Squadron to ensure proper exhibit control and handling. Serves as the authority for determining applicability of Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) and One Time Inspections (OTI). Manages the Technical Order Improvement Program and Suggestion Program for the wing. Executes a Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP) to monitor Contractor Logistic Support (CLS) aircraft or Contract Field Team (CFT). Maintains direct contact with the NGB staff and with counterparts at other ANG bases in order to resolve problems affecting maintenance capabilities and compliance. Manages and conducts quality verification inspections and surveillance inspections of conventional weapons systems and components. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Membership in the Colorado Air National Guard.
- Must hold the grade of E-6 or E-7.
- Compatible Military Assignment: 2AXXX or 2WXXX AFSC.
- Submit all required documentation.
Military Grades: E-6 or E-7
Compatible Military Assignments: 2AXXX or 2WXXX AFSC
1. Specialized experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position.
2. An applicants RESUME must provide, in detail, how they meet each specialized experience listed below.
3. It must be documented with "from (mm/yy)" and "to (mm/yy)" dates and description of the specialized experience.
4. If education or a degree is required as part of the "Specialized Experience", you must include transcripts.
DO NOT copy each bullet listed below word for word and place into your resume; you must describe your personal experience as it pertains to each bullet.
You will be immediately disqualified if you fail to include specialized experience in your resume.
Must have at least 36 months of Specialized Experience in each of the following:
1. Experience involving a thorough knowledge of product or range of products involved, the manufacturing methods and techniques, special processes, test and performance requirements; and skill in developing plans and programs.
2. Experience determining operations when difficult and questionable phases of malfunctions are found.
3. Experience which required significant and concrete work accomplishments (i.e. special projects, working groups, or detailing assignments) involving interpersonal contacts in a quality assurance or related field.
4. Experience in dealing with management principles and supervisory responsibility for the function required by type of position to be filled and the organization involved.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience - Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in fields listed below leading to a bachelor's degree, in an accredited college or university, meets six months Specialized Experience.
Education - Undergraduate and Graduate Education: Major study -- quality assurance, statistics, mathematics, production management, industrial management, computer science, engineering, engineering technology, physical sciences, textiles, or other fields related to the position.
- Address CO 140 MXG
18860 E. Breckenridge Ave
Aurora, CO 80011
- Name: SMSgt Robert Baker
- Phone: (720) 847-9522
- Email: [email protected]