Job opening: Security Specialist
Salary: $107 809 - 140 155 per year
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Security Specialist at the GG-13/Band 3 level responsible for the development and implementation of policies, procedures, standards, training, and methods for identifying, preventing, and protecting information, personnel, facilities, operations, or material where the loss could pose a direct threat to national security. This position is located in Pearl Harbor, HI in the COMPACFLT MILITARY INTEL PROGRAM.
You will provide subject matter expert advice involving the development/evaluation/implementation/execution of security programs with the objective of detecting and preventing security problems, sensitive operations, or classified information.
You will collect, review, interpret and integrate data from multiple sources in assessing the relevance and significance of developments in an assigned area, and in preparing new or revising previous analyses, assessments, or other products.
You will maintain liaison with personnel in assigned and related fields, such as those in other intelligence and security agencies, to discuss mutual security problems and review various security projects.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- You must obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance and access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). Failure to do so may result in the withdrawal of an offer or removal. Indicate the level and date of your clearance in your resume.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You must acknowledge in writing that you are accepting an appointment in the DCIPS (excepted service) which does not confer competitive status, prior to appointment.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- All Defense Intelligence positions under the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) are in the excepted service by specific statute, 10 U.S.C. 1601. This position is in the excepted service and does not confer competitive status.
- This position requires a periodic polygraph examination.
- This position may requires a 2-Year DCIPS trial period requirement.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- This has been designated as a Key/Mission Essential position and is needed to ensure the continued operation of mission essential functions of an activity.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GG/GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following duties such as:
1) Planning, reviewing, and evaluating policies, regulations, and procedures in order to carry out all assignments necessary to implement security throughout the activity/field to meet Navy and national security programs requirements;
2) Identifying security gaps, specifying requirements to fill the gaps, and evaluating the data through security reviews and inspections;
3) Developing security tools and methodologies, and analyzing security databases to draw specific conclusions.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
- Address COMPACFLT MILITARY INTEL PROGRAM
250 Makalapa Drive
Pearl Harbor, HI 96860
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]